Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Easyjet seat sale

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 10 Jan 2004 13:45

Hello everyone, hope this helps some of the nice people out there. easyjet(dot)com has a seat sale from now untill midnight monday 12/01 seats start at £12.99 one way for travel from 01/02/04 until 28/03/04 Belfast to stn £12.99 edi to Stn £13.99 Gla to stn £13.99 inverness to london £8.99 all one way Any way have a look even if is for a few days in the sun. visit new family or out of reach records office. rember that travelodge room sale (room for a £5) i think is still on too maybe you could combine the two. bysie bye Suzanne

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 10 Jan 2004 15:09

When I looked yesterday Bristol to Edingburgh start at 49p plus airport tax. Bargain !!!!! Sally

Paul

Paul Report 10 Jan 2004 16:15

Don't bank on the seats being available, I have tried before only to find that the prices are a lot higher than stated. And don't forget that the prices quoted are only one way, the return price can give you a coronary. One flight I priced was £9.50 each way, £19 return. On continuing to process the booking the total price "with taxes and charges" was over £80!!!!!! I booked?? I think not!!!!!! Paul

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 11 Jan 2004 22:04

Sorry Paul that you hav'nt had much luck with this. i do agree though it does depend on destination and times, for myself it has normally worked. But always worth a look. This time i got 4 rtn seats to belfast for £98 including taxes. happy searching Suzanne

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2004 22:06

from Leeds/Bradford to Edinburgh - £420 return for 2 people :-((((

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 11 Jan 2004 23:06

My husband and Mother-in-law went to Manchester, for my nephews wedding last week, from heathrow, £20 return each, fantastic! but it was the government that put the £28 airport tax on top of each flight, so please don't blame the Airline, it is the tax that costs more than the flight!!! But they really had a great time, so it was worth every penny! Kim

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 11 Jan 2004 23:25

I travel as often as I can when there are cheap seats, doesn't matter where there to as long as there cheap. Last year I got to Geneva for £8.50 . Sardinia for under £40.00. Prague under £40.00 Murcia £32.00 Alicante £35.00 and Rome £28.00 all return fares inc tax. The secret is look everyday, join the airline sites so they inform you when offers are starting. Always getting requests from friends to find them a cheapie. I get the B&B's or hotels from the internet. When we went to Sardinia got a fabulous B&B in olive groves, swimming pool fabulous food for under £40.00 a night for 2. So the offers are there you just have to keep looking and travel in the week if possible. I should have been a travel agent! any requests? Happy traveling Lynda

Paul

Paul Report 12 Jan 2004 00:14

Lynda, Just sent you a message ref one of your flights. Everyone else, Living in Northern Ireland, the airlines and ferry companies have us by the painful bits. In nearly all cases, it is cheap enough getting one way or the other. It is the other half of the journey which is prohibitive. I may be on fair pay, but I still have bills to pay, as much as I would like to travel to trace my own family, and my wife's. That's it, my moan for this period is over. Paul

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 12 Jan 2004 13:21

Paul I have emailed you. Lynda

Georgina

Georgina Report 12 Jan 2004 16:59

I just got flights from london heathrow to paris for 12 each way! Had to pay about 30 odd pound airport tax plus £3 booking fee but fine apart from that! It was at www.flybmi.co.uk with british midlands. Remember: valentines day is on a saturday this year - so book early if you want to do anything!!!