Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how do I find G/Grandparents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jan 2004 15:49

Hi , I have for weeks been trying to find out about my G/grandparents who I belive lived in Roscommon my grandad's name was Lawrence Nugent b. 1877 d.1961 was married to a Teresa smith b.1879 d.1952 .from Kildare. I have tried to look at the Roscommon census ,but got nowhere. thanks for any help I can get . Margaret Newman.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jan 2004 16:57

Margaret, I was going to look at the 1881 census for you on Family search. That wouls probably give you the names of Lawrences parents if they are still alive as he would only have been four years old. Unfortunately the Family search site seems to be down as I can't get onto it. You could ask for help from someone who has the 1881 disc if you can't access the site yourself. ann Glos

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 12 Jan 2004 17:05

I also tried to get on to familysearch, but when I tried to search it came back with, unable to search error SEA-001. I will search for you once its working again. Lucia

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jan 2004 17:17

Margaret, Now accessed 1881 but there is no Lawrence Nugent on there born 1877. Several male Nugents were born in 1877 but I have a geographical problem as I don't know where Roscommon is. Is it Ireland? If so I am not sure if the 1881 on Family search covers Ireland. Ann Glos

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jan 2004 17:18

08 APR 1878 Corclea,Co, Armagh, Armagh, Ireland Lawrence Nugent Father Hugh Nugent Mother Ellen Campbell is this poss? will also check the VRI discs

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jan 2004 17:22

No I have tried Ireland and all countries and can't find a Lawrence. Are you certain you have the correct first name? Ann Glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jan 2004 17:24

where did you find that She? I have been on F search and - nothing! Well done, sounds likely doesn't it? Ann Glos

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jan 2004 17:26

Ann - thats how i am way back on pauls tree :-) have access to all sorts of info :-)))

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jan 2004 17:32

Laurence Nugent 01 JUN 1878 Robinstown, , Meath, Ireland Father: Walter Nugent Mother: Catherine Nugent Farrelly

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jan 2004 17:32

she, Fortunately I don't have any Irish relatives----yet!! Ann Glos

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jan 2004 17:41

Thomas SMITH Head M Male 28 Ireland Cooper Catherine SMITH Wife M Female 34 Ireland Elizabeth SMITH Daur U Female 6 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Scholar Thomas SMITH Son Male 5 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Scholar Agnes SMITH Daur Female 4 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Scholar Mary COLLINS Visitor W Female 60 Ireland Domestic Servant Theresa SMITH Daur Female 1 Ireland Elizabeth MC KIVEN Servant U Female 18 Ireland Domestic Servant ADDRESS : 4 Croston Court Liverpool, Lancashire, England Theresa Smith born 28 MAR 1879 , , Ireland Parents John Joseph Smith Margaret Doyle Smith or Theresa Bridget Smith 15 APR 1879 Dublin, Dublin, Ireland Parents John Smith Family Bridget Farrell Smith or Theresa Smyth 01 JUL 1880 , Limerick, Ireland Parents John Smyth Family Mary Henchy Smyth

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jan 2004 17:42

Ann - Paul doesnt have any Irish rellies - i do lol but I have got as far back with then as I want just now.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jan 2004 21:38

Hi She, thank you all for having a look for me I was told my G/father was born in a place called Rooskey, (may not be the right spelling) in Roscommon in Ireland , I am new to this and need a push in the right direction and to push buttons .can't thank you all enough for your help and to say how exciting it all is . Margaret

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2004 17:08

Margaret, For help with Irish research see Theresa's thread on here. Ann Glos