Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with gedcom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Theresa

Theresa Report 12 Jan 2004 17:09

Iam trying to up load my gedcom file but it does not seem to be working. I have taken it from my family hertitage software is this why.??? Theresa.xx

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 16 Jan 2004 21:42

Theresa, Have you actually saved the file you want to upload as a "Ged" file? So far as I know, you should have this option available to you on your software. Pauline

Judy

Judy Report 16 Jan 2004 23:47

Theresa: If after double checking to make sure you actually saved your information into .ged format and you still can't load your tree on to GC website, try the following: More than likely you have trouble with accessing quite a few sites.....particularly getting the message "website can't be found" among a few other error messages and not being able to post your tree. Try the following and it should solve your problem. 1. Go to START. 2. Click on CONTROL PANEL. 3. Click on INTERNET OPTIONS. 4 A box appears with tabs labeled across the top. Click on ADVANCED. 5. Scroll down to the sub-heading SECURITY. 6. Make sure the following has check marks next to it: Use USE SSL 2.0, USE SSL 3.0 and USE TLS 1.0. 7. Also make sure you check off EMPTY TEMPORARY INTERNET FILE WHEN BROWSER IS CLOSED. More than likely USE TLS 1.0 is not checked off and it should be. This will give you the error messages, as well as a few others, that will prevent you from viewing and utilizing web sites and the error you are getting. Judy