Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

adoption

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 14 Jan 2004 16:37

My friend has been researching her family tree for sometime and has started her husbands.They know that her mother in law had a baby in the 1950's and had him adopted when he was about 1yr.On a visit to the FRC she looked for the adoption but couldn't find it and i think she has looked in the birth records but again couln't find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions where she goes from here(i think the mother in law is reluctant to talk about it so she has only limited info), Karen

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 14 Jan 2004 21:00

Amanda, as far as i know she couldn't find it that is why shes so stuck, thanks Karen

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 15 Jan 2004 15:43

nudge

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 15 Jan 2004 20:01

Amanda, from what my friend has said i don't think she was married but its worth her looking or trying to find that out, thanks for your help,i'll pass it on, Karen

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 15 Jan 2004 22:58

You will not find the adoptee's name in the birth fiche. His new name will be entered in the adoption register and there will be no way of working out which one is the relevant adoptee. This year the Social Services are going to make it easier to trace adoptees but it will be the mother who has to apply ideally and/or a blood relative. Joan

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 16 Jan 2004 11:24

Thanks Joan, I'm not excatly sure what shes looked for,but as you said it may be easier from this year perhaps that will help, Karen