Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australian Vital Records - ordered from LDS for £7

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lucky

Lucky Report 15 Jan 2004 10:46

Can anybody tell me how much these are to buy please. I have seen some for sale on ebay, before I make a bid I want to know if they are the same or less from LDS. Can only find the american site via familysearch for a price. Thanks Diane

Sheila

Sheila Report 15 Jan 2004 13:49

Hi Diane Don't know whether this will help or not but a couple of years ago the AVI were NOT available for private sale in Australia, so if that's still the case, you'll have to go by the price on LDS USA. Have you tried these sites? www.bdm.nsw.gov.au www.justice.qld.gov.au/bdm www.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm www.justice.tas.gov.au/bdm The nsw site has an online index(under Family History), not sure about the other three and the SA site doesn't have their indexes online. Regards Margaret

Lucky

Lucky Report 15 Jan 2004 14:43

Hi Margaret I'm in the UK> I did buy some census and BVRI discs a while ago, on the back of the order was a printout of other items the LDS sell. Unfortunately I can't find it. I will try the sites you mentioned though. I only want to try and see if one ancestor may have emigrated. I can find no trace of her after 1891. You know what it's like when you get obsessed with this "hobby" of ours!!!

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 15 Jan 2004 15:36

hi diane i bought the aus vri from e.bay.i ended up paying 30.00 for it.i dont know if this is dear or not susie

Lucky

Lucky Report 15 Jan 2004 17:17

Hi Susie, I can't be sure but I really don't think they were that much. I'll try to find them online and check the prices before I bid. I had a bargain today. Got an Ancestry parish records disc for £16. That should be £29.99!!

Lucky

Lucky Report 15 Jan 2004 21:54

I tried through Google too. No luck, even after playing around with the address. I got a number off the home page I'm going to call tomoorw. 0870 010 2051. Don't know whether it's any good. office hours 9-5 updated Just found an old post from a message board from 2000. Has a list of the publications at that time plus a number for credit card orders. 08700 10 20 51. Going to try it tomorrow

Lucky

Lucky Report 16 Jan 2004 12:59

I called them today and ordered just £7.95 inlcuding p&p.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 16 Jan 2004 13:38

Be careful with Ebay. I saw the UK Vital records sold there for £72. It only costs around £25 on LDS. Jackie

Lucky

Lucky Report 16 Jan 2004 14:54

Definately beware of ebay always check the new prices first. I've seen 1881 census go for up to £100 in the past. When I get the Australian records next week there should be a price list on the reverse side of the invoice. If anybody wants any prices from the LDS I should be able to tell you.