Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ruhleben prisoner of war camp Germany

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 15 Jan 2004 11:13

Can anyone help. My great great grandfather Henry Watkins was in the above Camp All I know about it really is that it was like a little English colony with school,library, sports leagues, shops & internal mail. My grandad was a artist & in the camp they had dramatics & musical society. I have two programmes with his name on done at the camp. I'd like any info on the camp, it was between Berlin & Spandau. & also he married Louisa Rossin (german) How do I find her? I have nothing but her name

Dave

Dave Report 15 Jan 2004 11:25

Hi Helen, www(.)oasis(.)harvard(.)edu - remove brackets first This site seems to have a lot of information about Ruhleben. You could also try typing the name into your search engine. Dave

Bob

Bob Report 15 Jan 2004 11:27

Helen Do a google search on Ruhleben prisoner of war camp Germany and it comes up with loads of good stuff Bob Dave you beat me to it...just. By the way you don't have to bracket the dots unless they are followed by com or co

Dave

Dave Report 15 Jan 2004 11:45

Bob, Thanks Dave