Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help please...emigration to australia..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracy

Tracy Report 15 Jan 2004 12:36

Can anyone possible give me some tips on tracing my grandfathers cousin who emigrated to Australia in the 1960's. I know his parents names but am unsure on his exact birth date. My grandfathers father are rather illusive and im having great trouble tracing anyone. I have generations of womens first and surnames up to his great grandmothers name but thats it, i cant find any births marriages or census details for any of them. Any help on either of these problems would be appreciated.

Tracy

Tracy Report 15 Jan 2004 16:35

can anyone please offer me any advice on how i go about trying to trace him... please!

Tracy

Tracy Report 15 Jan 2004 22:41

Does anyone know where i can find some information on tracing someone who emigrated to australia in the 1960's..... please anything is a start!

Lucky

Lucky Report 15 Jan 2004 23:56

Tracy, I can't really help you, but somebody on the australian vital records thread I started put some web addresses might be worth trying. Also have you thought of going on the Australian embassy website. I went on there last year when we were thinking about emigrating. I'm sure there was lots of info and there might be some links to other sites. Other than that have you tried google. Also I think my husbands grandparents went in the 60's. I believe it was the £10 passage. You might be able to find something on that which might help you.

Tracy

Tracy Report 16 Jan 2004 00:04

thank you for responding diane. Yes it was the £10.00 passage that John Bonnick took as well! Finally someone has heard of it, i started thinking it didnt really exist.. I will try the australian embassy like you mentioned and see if that helps, this one sure is difficult especially being i cant find many other relatives. they just all dissapeared!. Thanks again

Trish

Trish Report 16 Jan 2004 02:48

Hi Tracy I have emailed you re tracing someone in Australia. Trish