Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

advice on tracing descendents please..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jan 2004 21:43

My mother was fostered as a toddler and knew nothing about her family. We have done really well tracing our ancestors. Today I discovered my maternal granny had a younger brother born in 1912. Very exciting, but how do I trace his family and descendents? Any advice welcome, Kim

Irene

Irene Report 21 Jan 2004 23:26

This could take a bit of time. First you want to find if he married. Mid 1911 they started to put the partners surname in the indexing. Lets hope it not a common name for you. If you can find a marriage then you look in the birth after the marriage any children will have mothers maiden name included. I would start looking from the age of 16. So 1928 you start looking for a marriage, then there is WW2. You could then try the Electrol Roll books, there is a disc for 1998, and you can get the later one on line use to be 192(.)com. You may get lucky and some still living let hope you find them. Irene

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Jan 2004 08:02

Irene, Thanks for your help. I will be able to get to work now. Regards Kim