Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry 1871 census - Results appearing on search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 21 Jan 2004 23:29

How Weird!! Ancestry must be pretty close with the 1871 - I was just searching for someone living in Wales on the 1891 when I noticed that all the ages for the family were out by 10 years from the 1881 - when I checked I was looking at a schedule from the 1871 census! I clicked back to the results page and there it was in black and white; Wales 1871 census - but I could I get back into it..heck no! Tried again 10 minutes later and it happened again. Emma.

Emma

Emma Report 22 Jan 2004 00:01

Dawn, Everytime I try now - I'm logged onto the US ancestry - I get the 1871 results for Wales, Channel Islands and Isle of Man - not England yet though :( Emma.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 22 Jan 2004 10:28

i too can only get on to ancestry via their american site. susie(back on own puter)