Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHO FOR AND WHERE, ARE WE ALL LOOKING ---- CHESH

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally

Sally Report 6 May 2004 19:34

Taylor: Mobberley, Ashley. Parker: Altrincham. Parkes: Rostherne. Garner: Ollerton. Any info will be gratefully received, Sally

mab

mab Report 6 May 2004 19:47

Price in Monks Coppenhall, 1870s (apparently migrating from Monmouthshire to Yorkshire) Marian

Jeanie

Jeanie Report 6 May 2004 20:38

My Gt. grandfather Benjamin Brewerton married his first wife ,mary Taylor, in Chester. She died in 1833. He was living in Hawarden at the time. The problem with border changes is that part of Flintshire was Cheshire some of the time. So I am trying to find details of his 2nd marriage, to Ann Edwards nee Jones, in both Chester and Wales but to no avail!!

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 7 May 2004 01:50

Here are my names: BUNNELL- Chester & Birkenhead BOWYER- Weston or Neston DENNIS- Birkenhead GORST- Frodsham Mostly 1800-1900

Louise

Louise Report 7 May 2004 12:55

i am told that my nans brother lived in tarporley his name is walker does anyone no of walkers in that area louise

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 7 May 2004 21:23

my granddads side of the family,edward glover born 1900-01 in new ferry,wirral, trying to find names of his parents,i know he had a sister "lill". chris.

Chris

Chris Report 8 May 2004 00:02

Hi The names I'm looking for in Cheshire are Gouldson, New Ferry, Wirrel Wickstead, Chester Chris

Richard

Richard Report 8 May 2004 00:31

Hi all, I am looking for the Betteley/Bettley familiy in Nantwich, particularly Beam Street, who moved to the Liverpool area in the early 1900's feel free to e-mail me direct in the unlikely chance you are searching the same name (it's quite uncommon!!), all the best with your trees, Rich

June

June Report 8 May 2004 16:03

hi, i'm looking for the following in Cheshire, JONES --- Chester PARRY --- Chester DODD --- Tarvin GARNER --- Frodsham ADAMS ---- Chester / Liverpool HOGG ------ Chester BLACKMORE -- Chester (Handbridge) that all at the moment, all help appreciated, thanks june

sydenham

sydenham Report 8 May 2004 16:12

Macclesfield possibly William Woodward and daughter Sarah born 1837. Pre census Joseph Adshead Stockport m. Martha Warhurst. St Mary 1808 James Adshead m Mary Ann Gorden 1831. Looking for Joseph, Martha and Mary Ann's births/families. jan

Tracey

Tracey Report 8 May 2004 16:57

I'm looking for Cartlidge/Cartledge in the Congleton and surrounding areas. Tracey

Sandi

Sandi Report 9 May 2004 16:03

I'm looking for Farrington's from Cheshire. Particularly ?? Ellison Farrington Sandbach Audlem Congleton And does anyone what the Ellison - Farrington link is? I have traced it to early 1800's but can find no Ellison to Farrington marriage

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 9 May 2004 17:26

hi all My family name is Ashton, they were a family of Butchers in Ashton - upon-Mersey in Altrincham. does this link with anybody?? Regards Bev XX

Barbara

Barbara Report 10 May 2004 09:50

Hi mine are mainly on the Wirral Youds, Pownall, Edge, Smith, Jones, Worral, Bird Mainly Hoylake and West kirby Edge of Malpas/Bickerton/Broxton Hubbies family are Jones of Neston some in Capenhurst. I live on the Wirral and have a good number of census if anyone needs a lookup. Also have the Bertram Merrell Marriage Index which has Cheshire marriages pre 1837. Not all of course, but many. Babs

John

John Report 12 May 2004 19:45

Hi, my ancestors in Cheshire are. Jackson Runcorn Shingler Runcorn Illidge Frodsham (sometimes Hillidge) Letter? Frodsham

Jackie

Jackie Report 13 May 2004 12:31

I am looking for Lamb in Timperley and Altrincham Jackson in Lymm, Altrincham, Timperley Bates in Timperley Hulme in Timperley, Lymm, Hulme, Macclesfield in fact all north west Shaw in Macclesfield, Hulme Davies in Lymm Morgan in Lymm Jones in Lymm Bancroft in Lymm Warham in Lymm and many more. Jackie

Cath.

Cath. Report 13 May 2004 16:18

Any GRAHAMS in Birkenhead 1850s to 1890s. Looking particularly for families who came from Dumfries.

Catherine

Catherine Report 14 May 2004 13:12

Hi, My names are: STEPHENSON/STEVENSON - Heaton Norris, Stockport. The Stephensons married into the following families: BOWDEN/BODEN LAMBERT GORST FLETCHER DEAN WOOD BIRCH Cate:-)

Christine

Christine Report 14 May 2004 14:02

hello HOUGH of middlewich and congleton thanks chris

Sally

Sally Report 24 May 2004 17:55

Nudge