Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is this the same person??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sam

Sam Report 14 Jan 2005 13:37

Today I have received the birth certificate of my GG-Grandfather Henry Pedley. It gives father as Charles Pedley and mother as Mary Ann Pedley, formerly Lovatt. They came from Wetley Rocks / Cheddleton in staffordshire and Henry was born 1859. On staffordshirebmd site I have found a marriage for Charles Pedley and MARIANNE Lovatt in 1857 at St Edwards Church in Cheddleton. My question is, do you think that Mary Ann and Marianne are the same person? I think maybe they are but would like another opinion please! Thanks Sam

Margaret

Margaret Report 14 Jan 2005 13:39

Sam Yes I would think they are the same person. I have had this in my family, Mary Ann and Marrianne, Marion etc. Things were written how they sounded remember. Margaret

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Jan 2005 13:40

It is possible, as they do sound the same. Not quite sure how you'd confirm it though.

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 14 Jan 2005 13:42

Yes, I think it will be same person. I have a similar problem, with a Mary and Sarah I think that could be same person. Marion

BrianW

BrianW Report 14 Jan 2005 13:45

Almost certainly one and the same, in my opinion.

Sam

Sam Report 14 Jan 2005 13:46

Thank you, I can't find a Marianne on any census but can find Mary Ann and Charles so I think I will assume that they are one and the same! Sam

Irene

Irene Report 9 Aug 2014 14:11

I have these in my tree. MARY ann was the Daughter of Richard Lovatt Her brother Henry was my great grandfather.MaryAnn did indeed marry Charles Pedley.regards. Irene Leigh nee Lovatt

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Aug 2014 14:51

Hi Irene

As this thread is nearly 10 years old, Sam may not be monitoring it now.

If you click on Sam's name you can send a message. If s/he still has the same email address, s/he will receive notification that you are trying to make contact

good luck!