Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help finding dad

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 9 Apr 2005 15:09

hi ya all can you help or give me some hints as to where or how to look for my natural father all i know is he is called terence david fletcher d.o.b 4/1/1945 place of birth sutton in ashfield he married my mother christine georgina stapley on the 4/may/1974 at that time lived in outram street darlington i know they are no longer married his father was patrick david fletcher at the time of the wedding he was deceased dont know what year he died how would i find that i think he moved round the country i know he was in darlington but there is a mention of addresses in peterborough in my files at social services im really stuck dont know where to go now can anyone help please thanks san xx

Sandra

Sandra Report 9 Apr 2005 15:19

thanks steve

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Apr 2005 15:21

Mailed you sandra Vikki xx

Sandra

Sandra Report 9 Apr 2005 15:25

thanks vikki

Sandra

Sandra Report 9 Apr 2005 15:34

i have two addresses to which iv sent a letter and sae 66 huntly road and 6front street staindrop

Sandra

Sandra Report 9 Apr 2005 17:48

iv also ordered copies of both mams and dads birth certificate is there anythig else i can try

The Bag

The Bag Report 9 Apr 2005 18:18

Do you live anywhere near where you were born? ~jess~

Sheila

Sheila Report 9 Apr 2005 19:01

Hi, I have 4 possible adresses here, have your already received these from Steve and Vikki? Sheila

The Bag

The Bag Report 9 Apr 2005 19:41

I am in northampton if i can be of any assitance here! Might be ale to do some finding out locally- message me off thread if you like ~Jess~

Sandra

Sandra Report 9 Apr 2005 20:51

hi jess i now live in ouston chester-le-street which is not that far from darlington where i was born sanxx

Sandra

Sandra Report 9 Apr 2005 21:04

hi sheila i got 66 huntly road darlo from vikki and 6 front street staindrop peterborough was found by chance what are the four addresses you have sanxx

Sheila

Sheila Report 9 Apr 2005 21:21

HI These are the 4 entries for the name Terence D Fletcher in the uk, have also sent a list of all Terence Fletchers in case, you can rule out a lot as they have the wrong middle inital. Good Luck! Sheila

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Apr 2005 09:24

thanks for that sheila now narrowed it down to 28 possibles

The Bag

The Bag Report 10 Apr 2005 10:15

The one near me- is the road called ...... Cresent or The......., in a village just out side town? have looked in phone book, not listed. will go and have a gander (nothing more) later if you can cornfirm ~Jess~

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Apr 2005 17:29

Hi Sandra Wow 28! Happy letter writing! You never know and I have everything crossed that one of them is the correct one Good Luck Vikki xx

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Apr 2005 17:57

thanks vikki now down to 16 letters to write eliminated some by phone and with some help

The Bag

The Bag Report 10 Apr 2005 18:29

Sandra - i am totally confused - mike sent me message with an address i believe he sourced for you- maybe wrong- which is different to the one you are telling me. There are two roads of a very similar name locally and guess you need the right one. Mike say's its 'The D........' You say its ' D....... Cresent' They are not far apart geographically (about 3 miles) but a world apart in the type of housing.One is a small olde worlde cottage and the other an ex-council terrace!! ~Jess~

Sheila

Sheila Report 10 Apr 2005 19:07

HI Sandra, Have you elimniated the 4 with the middle inital first, normally you are suppposed to put your full name down on the electoral roll, though some people dont. I would rule them out first,(even though they are not local you said he moved around the country) if Christopher can do this with dob, then concentrate on the nearest to where you know his family where. Sheila

The Bag

The Bag Report 10 Apr 2005 20:08

....and i live in Northampton and willing to do what i can to help- but need clarificatiion of address! Christopher - is it the one ''The D......'' Earls B..... Am going to the libriary tommorow, confirmation would help! ~jess~

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Apr 2005 20:17

thanks everyone for helping me im getting myself in a right tizzy here dont know if im coming going been or went at the minute ya lucky if i know my own name lol super stars all of you xxxxxxxxxxxxx