Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Aol problems again

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 28 Apr 2005 13:07

Real problems this morning - some mails won't send, some mails to aol bounce - am I alone, or are others on aol having trouble?

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 28 Apr 2005 13:09

I am on Aol no problems emails going out alright and receiving tham Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Apr 2005 13:11

Hiya Maggie I have had no problems sending emails with AOL hun. Are the mails your send ing, to regular people or are they new email addresses that you've not sent to before? If they are regular ones then I suggest live help. If they are new ones then double check your email addresses (which im sure you already have) Try sending an email to yourself and if you dont get it then its an AOL problem. Vikki xx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 28 Apr 2005 13:12

I'm having problems. I don't know if it's AOL but I've tried to send e mails and sometimes everything just stops and I don't know if they've gone or not until I check the sent file. Sometimes everything freezes and I get disconnected. This happens on this site if I try to send a message or post a reply of more than a couple of lines.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Apr 2005 13:13

Maggie you can try sending me one if you like - just to check. nvikki34 Vikki xx

Susanne

Susanne Report 28 Apr 2005 13:15

I had problems this morning when I tried 4 times to send an email to someone on AOL, each time they bounced. It was working fine last night. Sue:-)

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 28 Apr 2005 13:15

All very strange - says I have been temporarily blocked from sending emails - sent 5 yesterday, and 1 today before probs started!! Live help no help at all!! Mails to aol members seem to go OK - y a h o o . c o m seems to be the problem, particularly when sending links to family history website. Email addy OK - replying to mail got from new family member!! Did test email to my other aol address, and aol blocked that and sent it back to me, and yet when sent it again, went through OK!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Apr 2005 13:17

Hi Maggie Ohh my you are having problems. I would phone them and ask why you have been blocked. Have you checked your email preference settings? Vikki xx

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 28 Apr 2005 13:19

Vikki, Thanks - seemed to send fine to you - but won't send to family member @ y a h o o . c o m !! Aaaargh!!!! Maggie

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 28 Apr 2005 13:24

Vikki, Thanks. Mails controls all OK. Can anyone remember phone number to phone for help? Have builders in and can't find it!! Thanks, Maggie

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Apr 2005 13:27

Hi Maggie Sent it back to you. Did you receive it?Are you on BB or dial up? Vikki xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Apr 2005 13:28

Maggie Heres the number 0800 376 4406 Vikki xx

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 28 Apr 2005 13:29

Vikki, Received it OK thanks - on dial up. M

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Apr 2005 13:30

Maggie Did you run computer check-up? I will look and see on help to see what else it could be. Vikki xx

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 28 Apr 2005 13:51

Vikki, Thanks for all your help - a o l phone help are going to report problem - i also have to mail a o l postmaster - they say they will fix problem within 48 hours - so I guess I just have to be patient!! Don't think it's anything on my computer that has caused the problem - it's something at a o l end!! Maggie

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Apr 2005 13:55

Hi Maggie The first time i sent it, it said i had been blocked temporarily from sending emails! lol Then I forwarded it. And it sent ok. Then I did a fresh email and sent the info you gave me. That sent okay too. I just put a message in the email that you were having problems with your emails. Hope that was okay? Vikki xx

Marcie

Marcie Report 28 Apr 2005 13:56

hi maggy i had this happen on tuesday, seemed to be just one person, although i,m waiting for a reply from someone else, it kept being bounced back saying ip not in rbl, hopefully ok now marcie x

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 28 Apr 2005 14:05

Glad to know it's not just me!!!!! Thanks all, and Vikki in particular!! Maggie

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Apr 2005 14:09

Maggie Sorry hun, I just got the two emails back that i sent. Says on the notes in mailer demon yahoo host not found. So it must be a problem at yahoo servers. Vikki xx

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 28 Apr 2005 14:14

Vikki, Thanks for trying. Ain't pooters just wonderful!! Maggie