Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice Please

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 15 Sep 2005 10:11

Can anybody offer any help or tips. I have a great grandfather who according to the 1881 & 1901 census was born in Long Itchington warks in 1850, or thereabouts. I have his marriage certificate, and this states that in 1876 he was living in Buckingham and his Fathers name was William. In the 1881 census Charles is a carpenter and living in glous, by the 1901 census he is 'back' in warks, neither census shows William. Although I know the family never left england, I can find no evidence of them on the 1861/71 census and after looking on ancestry, bmd and 1837 I can find no definate evidence of Charles's birth. I have, on the warks 1841 census, found a William, but he seems to have died in 1859. I am now at a loss with where to go to progress from my g. grandfather, Any advice would be welcome.

June

June Report 15 Sep 2005 10:33

Hi Lynda, People cannot help you if you dont put his Surname June

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 Sep 2005 10:35

Have you looked at 1851, probably Warks. to see if you can find father and son together. What were their names and occupations?

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Sep 2005 10:42

I know this mans name- we have looked for him before! HARRIS There are quite a lot of threads about this man- lynne, what have you gleaned from what has already been found for you? jess x

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 15 Sep 2005 10:49

Hi all the above is all I have found out have now come to a stop

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Sep 2005 10:52

have you looked at the other requests that you have made? please post the 1901 census for him

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Sep 2005 10:59

Where did you get the 1881 and 1901 information from, as I can't even find them on these census. Kath. x

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 15 Sep 2005 11:32

On 1881 Census Charles Harris born Long Itchington age 30. Sarah Harris born buckingham age 26 residence the fleece stow-on-the-wold glous On 1901 Cesus Charles Harris as above. Sarah as above with children Blanche, Frank and Charles. Eldest two children born in Glous. Charles, my grandfather, born in warks. resience 1 luse lane. dis St Martin Birmingham. Am doing this from memory as I am at work and my info is at home

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Sep 2005 11:48

1901 these are The only Harris that return as born L/Itchington on 1901 census. No Charles Alfred J Harris abt 1872 Long Itchington, Warwickshire, England Head Coventry Warwickshire Eliza Harris abt 1838 Long Itchington, Warwickshire, England Head Chapel Allerton Yorkshire Joseph Harris abt 1882 Long Itchington, Warwickshire, England Servant Bagington Warwickshire

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Sep 2005 11:55

The 1881 - Charles Harris abt 1851 L Itchington, Warwickshire, England Head The Fleece, Stow-On-The-Wold, Gloucestershire, England Sarah Harris abt 1857 Buckinghamshire, England Wife The Fleece, Stow-On-The-Wold, Gloucestershire, England -------------------------------- from the IGI - have posted you these before 1. MARIA HARRISS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 20 JAN 1828 Long Itchington, Warwick, England 2. MARY ANNE HARRIS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 11 JAN 1852 Long Itchington, Warwick, England <** parents john and mary** 3. HENRY HARRIS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 28 OCT 1814 Long Itchington, Warwick, England 4. ELIZABETH HARRISS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 14 FEB 1815 Long Itchington, Warwick, England 5. WILLIAM HARRIS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 22 MAY 1820 Long Itchington, Warwick, England 6. WILLIAM HENRY HARRISS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 30 OCT 1853 Long Itchington, Warwick, England < **Parents William and Phoebe** 7. THOMAS HARRISS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 14 JUL 1816 Long Itchington, Warwick, England 8. JAMES HARRIS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 26 SEP 1824 Long Itchington, Warwick, England 9. LETITIA HARRIS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 11 DEC 1817 Long Itchington, Warwick, England 10. SARAH HARRIS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 02 DEC 1821 Long Itchington, Warwick, England 11. ANN HARRISS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 29 DEC 1816 Long Itchington, Warwick, England 12. JOSEPH HARRIS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 14 NOV 1858 Long Itchington, Warwick, England <**William and Phoebe** 13. ELLEN HARRIS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 18 JAN 1852 Long Itchington, Warwick, England < 14. JANE HARRISS - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 17 FEB 1828 Long Itchington, Warwick, England

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 15 Sep 2005 11:58

On the 1901 census Charles's snr birth place has been mis-spelt as Long Huinton, a place that does not exist

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 15 Sep 2005 12:24

I have investigated the William & Phebe Harris connection, and have come to the conclusion that this is'nt the William I am looking for, although have not been able to find this William and phebe on the 1861 census

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Sep 2005 12:29

what eveidence have you found to support the fact that they are NOT the right couple?

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Sep 2005 12:33

1861 Joseph Harris abt 1855 All Saints Derby, Derbyshire, England Daughter Oxford St Thomas Oxfordshire Phoebe Harris abt 1831 Long Ritckington, Warwickshire, England Wife Oxford St Thomas Oxfordshire William Harris abt 1831 Bekinghamsh, Breason Lodger Oxford St Thomas Oxfordshire

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 15 Sep 2005 15:04

re the william & phebe connection: This couple married in Long itchington approx 1852, their first son was born not long after, he was also called william. unfortunately he died at a few months old, all this took place in L. Itchinton.The couple then moved to oxford where they had more children. I can see no evidence of them having a son before they were married or of them having any children before their son william The William Harris born in 1820, died in 1859 and I amtrying to find out if he married or had children

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 15 Sep 2005 15:58

Bumping because my pc went down

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 15 Sep 2005 18:48

Has anybody any advice please

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Sep 2005 19:11

I guess not Lynne , we have tried before and now tried again for you. I find it hard to believe there were Two Charles Harris ' born 1851 , first born son named William Who reported William snr's death in 1859?

Montmorency

Montmorency Report 15 Sep 2005 20:18

from IGI, William's bride in 1852 was Phoebe Biddle. Also from IGI: CHARLES BIDDLE Event(s): Christening: 28 JUL 1850 Long Itchington, Warwick, England Parents: Mother: PHOEBE BIDDLE

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Sep 2005 20:20

Well done Robin, but Lynne is adamant that Phoebe isn't Williams bride!