Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 on Ancestry

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 29 Sep 2005 19:27

on line

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 29 Sep 2005 19:27

At the bottom of Ancestry there are links to websites re censuses eg www(.)1901-census(.)co(.)uk. Well I tried www(.)1851-census(.)co(.)uk & it's there ready with the counites listing waiting to be activated by ancestry !!! Welcome to the 1851 Census UK Online! Find 1851 Census records for England and Wales. Browse by county, civil parish, and town The 1851 Census for England was taken on the night of 31 March 1851. Census returns were collected according to registration district. These returns were divided into sub-districts and assigned consecutive piece numbers for reference purposes.

Pippa

Pippa Report 29 Sep 2005 19:53

Ok so who is staying up till midnight to see if it happens! Pippa

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 29 Sep 2005 20:08

Me! Just had a look at www(.)1851 looks wonderful, hope it comes on line before Christmas, looks ready to go..... they just need to press the button I think. Wonderful news. Elizabeth

Heather

Heather Report 29 Sep 2005 20:27

Oh myGod. So they were right, looks like it will be tomorrow. Why didnt they make a bigger thing out of it though. Yes, I just put that in search too and it is there waiting!!!!!!!!!

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 29 Sep 2005 20:42

I can't see it! Would some kind soul be offering look ups when it does come online? I'm so broke now. Saving up after the big fiasco with my car, lol

Gary

Gary Report 29 Sep 2005 21:13

its not there now, just like when for a few minuets it was in the main list last week it then disapeared and was not loaded that night, so dont hold your breth, it will be middle of december or january

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 29 Sep 2005 21:15

Just tried it again - it's still there for me!!

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 29 Sep 2005 21:33

there is no link at the bottom but if you try www(.)1851-census(.)co(.)uk it's there!

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 29 Sep 2005 21:40

Sorry to come on in middle of a topic and ask... but if 1851 is having it's own website, will it still be free to Ancestry subscribers (much like 1901?) Sally

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 29 Sep 2005 21:42

If you look at the bottom of ancestry, all the censuses have their own websites - all linked to ancestry so I'm presuming it will be based on an ancestry subscription. Penny PS 1901 is only free until tomorrow

Pippa

Pippa Report 29 Sep 2005 21:42

They all seem to have their own website within ancestry. I have paid my money they had better let me use it! Pippa

Nina

Nina Report 29 Sep 2005 21:49

i found it, just click on any of them and change the date to 1851, unfortunately u can't do a search !! y e t......

Gary

Gary Report 29 Sep 2005 21:54

i think there is no dought Ancetry hav the images for the 1851 and 1841 loaded and ready to go, as they have had for months, it is the transcriptions that are holding the job up, until they are Happy at least 50% are right they will not upload

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Sep 2005 22:20

Not there for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeans Reunited

Jeans Reunited Report 29 Sep 2005 22:39

oh wicked!!! Guess what i'll be doing all weekend. i Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Claire

Heather

Heather Report 30 Sep 2005 10:11

Im not sure now. Someone emailed them and they said they had it coming but we would know when because an advert would appear on their homepage. And - in my Family Tree Mag for NOVEMBER it had an advert saying '1851 coming soon'. So may be they are just teasing us and it will be a christmas present instead.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 30 Sep 2005 11:35

Why did they have to put it in the drop-down box if you can't actually search it *cry* I was getting all excited then :( Wonder if it'll come out later today, or tomorrow?

Padkat

Padkat Report 2 Oct 2005 19:09

Thank you to whoever nudged this up to the top. I have just emailed Ancestry to ask what there intention is re charging for 1851 when it does make it online. as there seems to be some confusion. I'll post a message with their reply when they get back to me (they promise within one business day) Kate :)

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 4 Oct 2005 06:42

The page has changed!! If you click on search it takes you to Ancestry now! Penny