Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 Celebration Thread!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Merry

Merry Report 7 Oct 2005 20:12

I've just broken down a 10 year brick wall in hubby's tree within about an hour of looking at the 1851 census - I could hardly believe my eyes!!.........Tell us your success stories!!! Very Happy Hunting - Merry xx

Lilly the flower

Lilly the flower Report 7 Oct 2005 20:19

hey......Merry well done....I know exactly how you feel, as you done the same for me a couple of weeks ago. did you have a tear in your eye......I did....what a feeling ah....lol...well done again.......Lilly

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Oct 2005 20:22

Brilliant! No major successes yet, but my 2xggrandfather who (as clear as day) was born in Churchill, Oxfordshire in 1861, was, according to 1851 (and just as clear as day!!!) born in Hampton, Middx ...............! Don't quite know what to make of that ...............???!!!! lol! Bev x

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 7 Oct 2005 20:25

Found 3 different families on the 1851 that I needed plus some more names for my tree. Yippee!!!! Fi

Penelope

Penelope Report 7 Oct 2005 20:25

Happiness and Hugs to everyone....wishing you all a very 'Happy 1851 census bashing day' ...............I too, have found some loose ends. Justine X

David

David Report 7 Oct 2005 20:27

Even found Ann Brown in Bishopwearmouth, which I believe is somewhere north of Watford. At least another couple of hours before the eyes start rolling! But why am I racing to look everyone up tonight? Am I afraid sub consciously that it won't be there in the morning? Irrational. Sorry, no time for more babbling, must get back to 1851

Jeans Reunited

Jeans Reunited Report 7 Oct 2005 20:34

three cheers for Ancestry. -- Hip, hip horay. hip, hip, horay, hip,hip,horay! lol Claire

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Oct 2005 20:35

Managed to get my 4xGGrandparents' Firth names :) Firth is not an easy name to research lol

Sarah

Sarah Report 7 Oct 2005 20:43

Am celebrating with the Champers - virtual glasses to one and all!!! Still no luck with my brick walls but here's hoping... Sarah

Merry

Merry Report 7 Oct 2005 20:53

LOL everyone.....Oh, and CHEERS Sarah! Merry

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Oct 2005 21:45

Can I be the wet lettuce please? I have several families located from census discs. Not mistranscribed, not on poor images. They aren't on the index and they don't appear on the indexes on 'a certain site' How can that happen? I need to find them again cos I lost all the images when my hard drive crashed!

Merry

Merry Report 7 Oct 2005 21:48

Lou, Have you tried entering the piece, folio and page numbers on Ancestry and see if any come up?? Otherwise, post one here (ONE I said lol!!!!!) and we'll have a look Oops, just read your message again....Lost all the images......so expect you don't have the numbers :o(( Give us some names then!! Merry

Joan of Arc(hives)

Joan of Arc(hives) Report 7 Oct 2005 21:51

Hi Merry!! I still can't find mine :0( but congrats to all you lucky people who can!! :0) Joan

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Oct 2005 21:56

Hi Merry No, sadly numbers went to, but this was one I wanted to get back and can't. Peter Bibb b.1817 Northleach Glos, wife is Maria. Living London (St Geo Han Sq, St Pancras, that kind of area) The image said Bibb clear as a bell so baffled as to why they didn't appear. Unless there's more been added since someone looked for me earlier! I have 3 more if you pass this challenge...........lol!

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 7 Oct 2005 22:00

On 1861 I have my 3xg grandmother shown as head, no mention of 3xg grandfather. On 1851 I have 3xg grandfather shown as head no mention of 3xg grandmother. As least I have found 3x g grandfathers name. Sue

Karen

Karen Report 7 Oct 2005 22:01

BRILLIANT....2hrs to finally find the census,another 2hrs all leads found. roll on 1841 karen

Merry

Merry Report 7 Oct 2005 22:16

Lou, Have tried every combination in the book, but no Peter Bibb!! (though I did find him in 1861 lol!!) Do you want to try another?? Merry

Carol

Carol Report 7 Oct 2005 22:26

Hi, all, I'm with Brenda, having Ancestry but only the 1851 sample. How are you reaching it, please? Carol.

Merry

Merry Report 7 Oct 2005 22:29

Lou, 1861 - 189,000 people living in St Pancras..... 1851 - 169,000 people living in St Pancras..... I know the population was increasing in the 1850's at about that rate...... Guess it should read 169,002 for 1851?? Oh, plus son, John.....169,003!! Merry

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 7 Oct 2005 22:34

Hi I'm with my name sake I only have the 1851 sample The other Brenda Mills