Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Judy in the States at Christmas

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maurice

Maurice Report 1 Dec 2005 19:42

I feel exceptionally that all of us in the UK owe a debt of gratitude to 'Judy in the States' , Christmas is near and I feel an opportunity has arisen for all of you to add to my thanks to Judy for the help and encouragement she has given over the past few years. She is based, I think in America in or near Philadelphia. A long way from us, but greatly assisting many people here a long way from her homeland. She has been one of the backbones of GC , and many of you have asked questions of her which she always seems to answer.. So from me at least Judy -- A very merry Christmas to you and yours, in appreciation of your help and efforts on our behalf over the past years. Seasons Greetings Maurice

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 1 Dec 2005 19:46

I'll second that Maurice! I've had the benefit of Judy's help on several occassions, and the best bit about it is that she explains it all in a way that is easy to understand. Essential when you know as little as I do about computers! lol. So I would like to say MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY JUDY, AND ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR Jeanette x

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2005 21:05

Yes I agree Judy is amazing. xxhugxx

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Dec 2005 21:09

I have to agree that a big thank you to Judy is due. Copied and pasted all her PC tips - especially the maintenance ones. Best wishes for the festive season. Maureen

Anne

Anne Report 1 Dec 2005 21:20

Judy, I admire anyone who understand the puter. My very best wishes for Christmas and the NewYear. Anne

Louise

Louise Report 1 Dec 2005 21:56

Thank you Judy...it was your 'search' tips using + and - etc. that helped me find a whole bunch of people researching my family. I've now got loads of new info and made some new friends too... so thanks from me, Louise

BrianW

BrianW Report 1 Dec 2005 22:14

Definitely one of our hidden gems. Happy Christmas.

Borobabs

Borobabs Report 1 Dec 2005 22:19

Maurice very true what you said;; Judy all the very best to you , you have been brilliant to us over here with all our comp problems ;;; many many thanks. Babs

Seasons

Seasons Report 1 Dec 2005 23:06

Invaluable information to those of us with little knowledge of computers except to switch them on!!!!! Happy Holidays!!!

Brit

Brit Report 2 Dec 2005 05:45

JUDY You are definitely a friend in need! Thanks so much for all your help, you saved my life a couple of times. And your tips have helped us all. Wishing you and yours a great Christmas, and everything the best for the New Year. Margaret (in California)

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 2 Dec 2005 07:27

Delighted to add my seasonal greetings to one who contributes so much to help others. Very best wishes Christine

Sprack

Sprack Report 2 Dec 2005 10:25

thanks for all your help in the past judy and merry christmas to you and your family. best wishes jenny

Ellen

Ellen Report 2 Dec 2005 13:17

Delighted to add my appreciation, and my best wishes for the festive season. Thanks Judy, and also to Maurice for starting this thread. Kind Regards Ellen.

Dotty

Dotty Report 2 Dec 2005 15:01

To Judy in the States thank you for all you help and tips you have helped me a lot , merry christmas and a happy new year to you and your family.

Joanie

Joanie Report 2 Dec 2005 15:33

Best wishes Judy, i havent seen ur tips but did manage to get ur maintenance....like most oldies never realised u had to do it to keep PC.healthy.....ur a star......Joanie x

Maurice

Maurice Report 5 Dec 2005 02:09

Nudge Maurice

Pat

Pat Report 5 Dec 2005 02:39

I agree many times I have used Judy's tips and once or twice I have asked advice as well. I have nudged the thread from time to time to help others. So a very BIG thank you to Judy for taking the time to help us on here espcially PC novices as it can be very intimidating computers, the internet and all the problems we do not know about . So all the help we can get can keep us & our computers more secure. Thank you Judy wishing you a Very Happy Christmas & a Very Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year Pat x

Joan

Joan Report 5 Dec 2005 08:41

Absolutely, yes! Happy Christmas, Judy, and many many thanks....my computer would have groaned to a halt but for your maintenance tips. Joan

Linda G

Linda G Report 5 Dec 2005 18:47

Merry Christmas Judy and thanks for the help you've given me at various times. Linda

pinkflamingo

pinkflamingo Report 5 Dec 2005 19:44

Thanks for all your help Judy, I couldn't have done it without you. Merry Christmas, Christine x