Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any ideas what the name possie could have been ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 25 Feb 2006 22:13

hi everyone can any one tell me is possie a name ? thanks tracy x

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 25 Feb 2006 22:16

i wouldnt have thought so, but am more than happy to be proved wrong! Where the devil have you found that? Jess x

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Feb 2006 22:18

Bad writing for Posy? Is it a girls or boys name you've found?

Emma

Emma Report 25 Feb 2006 22:18

Isn't Posy a name?

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 25 Feb 2006 22:19

hi jess i may be spelling it wrong posie / possie ? its a long shot but looking for her mother and fathers marriage long shot i know tracy x

Hayley

Hayley Report 25 Feb 2006 22:20

Could it be a nickname?, Posy is a name also spelt Posey. Regards Hayley

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 25 Feb 2006 22:20

hi yes probably posy my spelling !!!! thankyou think my brain needs a rest lol tracy x

Merry

Merry Report 25 Feb 2006 22:20

There are two transcribed Possie on Ancestry censuses.....I think those two say Pollie, with fancy S's. Merry

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 25 Feb 2006 22:24

hi again bont supose anybody wants to try and help me with her mother and fathers marriage ??? could really do with the help heres what i have Alfred hawkins born 1885 / he is in the 1901 census with mother in tottenham, and born in tottenham i dont know when he married but he married a lady by the name of jessie rache(a)l thats all i know , i do know they had 7 children Victor born abt 1926 ish emmie alf maud posie joyce alf any ideas ?? i thought racheal was her last name but im now wondering if it is her middle name thanks for your time tracy x

Jools

Jools Report 25 Feb 2006 22:28

Tracy - was Victor the eldest? Were they born London area??

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Feb 2006 22:28

The only way to find the marriage and Possie/Polly/Posy/Posie/Posey's birth etc is to go through the GRO marriage and birth indexes. Tedious, but no quick way until Freebmd gets up to the 1920s. nell

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 25 Feb 2006 22:29

hi jool im sorry i really dont know i searched births between 1926 to 1928 and theres no sign ?? thanks tracy x

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 25 Feb 2006 22:31

hi helen yes i agree ive been trying to match the childrens names with mothers surnames if you get what i mean ?? but still no closer to finding her maiden name jessie that is thanks tracy x

Jools

Jools Report 25 Feb 2006 22:32

How does this birth grab you?? OND 1925 Victor R HAWKINS mmn Clift Wolverhampton 6b 559

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 25 Feb 2006 22:34

hi jools yes that could be him i have no way of knowing where they moved to so yes could be him thankyou so much at least it could be a lead tracy x

Merry

Merry Report 25 Feb 2006 22:36

Is Victor still alive?? If not and if he died 1984-2002 then his death reg should be an ancestry (searchable) and it will include his birth date (as given by the death informant) If he died 1969-1983 then his date of birth will still be in the index, but you would have to trawl....... If he died 2003-2004 then his death (and dob) will be on 1837online, but you would have to pay...... If he's dead, do you know when and where, roughly?? Go on, tell me he's still alive!! Merry

Merry

Merry Report 25 Feb 2006 22:38

This death matches up with the birth Jools found....... Name: Victor Reginald Hawkins Death Year: [1988] Age: 62 Birth Date: 11 Sep 1925 Death Registration Month/Year: Mar 1988 Registration District: Stafford Inferred County: Staffordshire Inferred Country: England His birth could easily have been reg in Q4 1925. Any good????? merry

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 25 Feb 2006 22:38

I think Posie can be short for Rosemary? Tina

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 25 Feb 2006 22:39

hi merry yes i beleive he is still alive in 2004 he was still driving a black cab in london age 76 this is where i got his birth year from sorry !! but i did understand all what you wrote regarding searching , lol thanks tracy x

Merry

Merry Report 25 Feb 2006 22:40

Oh B*M, so Jools birth reg looks less likely then..... Merry