Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What do you think??

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 27 Mar 2006 21:01

Been looking for my g/g/grandfather Henry Fellows born 1849 in Birmingham/Wolverhampton prior to the first time he appears in Sheffield in 1881 The only family that I could find had him listed as a twin with Wallace Fellows Until I could find more proof I left them well alone Till today when I typed in Wallace Fellows ( his potential twin ) on IGI and came up with this----- Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability Wallas FELLOW Head M Male 32 Birmingham Tin Plate Burnisher Ann FELLOW Wife M Female 34 (British Subject), France Tin Polisher Wallace E. FELLOW Son U Male 13 Birmingham Tin Plate Burnisher (Manuf) Emily FELLOW Daur U Female 9 Sheffd, York, England Scholar Charley HALL Visitor U Male 2 Sheffd, York, England Bernard GALLAGER Lodger U Male 21 Ireland Tin Plate Worker Patrick WALIN Lodger U Male 37 Ireland Tin Plate Worker In 1881 my g/g/grandfather Henry is also a tin plate worker, on his son's marriage cert he is of the same occupation and Wallace is also in Sheffield!! The visitor with Wallace is a Charley Hall, in later years I have a charlotte fellows born 1878, who Henry could have fathered with Emma Hall or be step father to her - I know it says male but if they just said Charley instead of Charlotte it could be her!! Do you think I finally have it or is it just co-incidence, or have I finally taken to family grabbing just to fill in the gaps Joanne

Bridie

Bridie Report 27 Mar 2006 21:11

Do you mean you can't find him on any census before 1881? Is this him in 1871: living Bilston Henry Fellows, head, m, 23, labourer in iron works, b. Warwickshire, Brimingham Mary A, wife, m, 23 b. Staffordshire, Tipton Sarah, dau, 6 wks or mths?, b. Tipton

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 27 Mar 2006 21:12

hope you don't mind Been looking for my g/g/grandfather Henry Fellows born 1849 in Birmingham/Wolverhampton prior to the first time he appears in Sheffield in 1881 The only family that I could find had him listed as a twin with Wallace Fellows Until I could find more proof I left them well alone Till today when I typed in Wallace Fellows ( his potential twin ) on IGI and came up with this----- Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability Wallas FELLOW Head M Male 32 Birmingham Tin Plate Burnisher Ann FELLOW Wife M Female 34 (British Subject), France Tin Polisher Wallace E. FELLOW Son U Male 13 Birmingham Tin Plate Burnisher (Manuf) Emily FELLOW Daur U Female 9 Sheffd, York, England Scholar Charley HALL Visitor U Male 2 Sheffd, York, England Bernard GALLAGER Lodger U Male 21 Ireland Tin Plate Worker Patrick WALIN Lodger U Male 37 Ireland Tin Plate Worker In 1881 my g/g/grandfather Henry is also a tin plate worker, on his son's marriage cert he is of the same occupation and Wallace is also in Sheffield!! The visitor with Wallace is a Charley Hall, in later years I have a charlotte fellows born 1878, who Henry could have fathered with Emma Hall or be step father to her - I know it says male but if they just said Charley instead of Charlotte it could be her!! Do you think I finally have it or is it just co-incidence, or have I finally taken to family grabbing just to fill in the gaps Joanne

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 27 Mar 2006 21:13

No thats not him and yes I have not been able to find him prior to 1881 Dont mind did try to do that myself but rushed it before putting son to bed Joanne

Esta

Esta Report 27 Mar 2006 21:17

AS Henry Fellows married ........... If so you could get his MC for his fathers name. And get the MC fro Wallace Fellows ..........and see if the names match and say John Fellow s!!

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 27 Mar 2006 21:19

No can't do that as I cant find a wife, when I first find him in 1881 with my great grandfather his son he has not wife and the women he later has childfren with it doesn't appear he married her Joanne

Bridie

Bridie Report 27 Mar 2006 21:20

I think this is the same family in 1861 - do any of them mean anything? Living in Tipton Sarah Fellows, wife, 48 b. Wednesbury John, son, un, 19, iron refiner b. Wednesbury Henry, son, 13, iron refiner b. Warwicks, Birmingham Thomas, son, 11, forge boy b. Staffs, Potteries Caroline, dau in law, m, 30 b. Staffs, Potteries William, son-in-law(?) 7, scholar, b. Sedgby Sarah, dau-in-law(?) 5, b. Tipton Edward, son-in-law(?) 1, b. Tipton I think the relation from iron refiner to labourer in iron works to tin plater is a logical one since tin is made from iron & steel!

Esta

Esta Report 27 Mar 2006 21:22

OK - you say ...'when I first find him in 1881 with my great grandfather his son he has not wife'.... Couldn't you find the BC for son as this would give you wifes/mothers name .....then you could find MC !

Bridie

Bridie Report 27 Mar 2006 21:25

possible marriage Stourbridge Dec 1869 6c 308 Henry Fellows to Mary Ann Barker

Esta

Esta Report 27 Mar 2006 21:25

What are the details for Henry / son in 1881 - I can't see them ! the only one I can see is in the Workhouse

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 27 Mar 2006 21:30

Possible parents for Henry and Wallace are John and Elizabeth, but can't even think of finding out more about thm as I might be going after the wrong family Would love to find the birth date and send for cert of my great grandfather also called Henry but don't know date of birth only approx year of 1874 all I know about him is he was also born Birmingham/Wolverhampton, in Sheffield in 1881 with his sister Emma whilst Henry the father is in workhouse. He later died in the 1930's

Esta

Esta Report 27 Mar 2006 21:36

I did have the right ones in 1881...:)

Esta

Esta Report 27 Mar 2006 21:38

Just thinking.........have you found sister Emma in 1871 ( as she was born in 1868 ! )

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 27 Mar 2006 21:42

No have already tried to locate Emma in 1871 but again have drawn a blank there also It really is difficult to find any of them prior to 1881 Joanne

Esta

Esta Report 27 Mar 2006 21:47

Mmmm.....It's a hard one I found your possible family in 1851 with the twins....and then found same lot in 1861.......but 1871 is causing problems now......

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 27 Mar 2006 21:50

I also can find the family with the twins one of whom 'Henry' may just be my great great grandfather but 1871 is such a problemfor finding Henry, he should have his oldest daughter Emma with him but no luck!! Another co-incidence is twins run in my family! God now I'm clutching at straws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol Joanne

Esta

Esta Report 27 Mar 2006 21:52

the only possible I can see for 1971 is the one Bridie found but you said wasn't him.......do mind if I ask how you know it's not him ?

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 27 Mar 2006 21:59

Esta No Wallace there in 1871 and the parents are Elizabeth and John to the potential twins as on IGI, the one in 1871 shows Sarah as the mother I think, also where is Emma the daughter of Henry, he would have been 21 years of age in 1871 Or is it me that's missing something?

Esta

Esta Report 27 Mar 2006 22:07

1851/61- Wallace and Henry are twins with parents Elizabeth and JOhn. in 1871 I can account for everyone exept Henry ! Wallace is on the 1871.

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 27 Mar 2006 22:12

Henry at this point should be with his wife and daughter Emma, but this is where it gets lost until he appears in 1881, he is in the workhouse in Sheffield, Emma and his son born 1874 Henry Junior are living also in Sheffield with Emma Hall who he later has more children with, but she isn't the mother of his first two Emma and Henry. I do think that it is him and he is a twin to Wallace as the Sheffield connetcion is there as Wallace moves to Sheffield and the saem occupation is there. But where is he in 1871, he should be with the mother of Emma and Henry but for love nor money I can't find them even after 8 months and breaking off from the search for a while I still come back to this same blank Joanne