Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

maiden name...

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mand

Mand Report 2 Apr 2006 22:21

Hi, Is there any way i can find my gg grandmothers maiden name online, she was born in St.helens in 1876, she married William Eden also from St.helens, not sure when though, would appreciate any tips as i am going round in circles!!! Thanks

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Apr 2006 22:22

What was her first name? Do you have them in any censuses? Zoe

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Apr 2006 22:23

If she had children, from september quarter 1911 on wards the birth index gives mothers maiden name. or as Zoe say's look for the marriage Roy

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Apr 2006 22:24

Sometimes you can trace through census and work out when the marriage took place hence find the maiden name ~ if not married before Zoe

Charlie chuckles

Charlie chuckles Report 2 Apr 2006 22:24

I think you may have to find and apply for her birth certificate, most of the online resources just give reference numbers for the GRO, especially back then. The only other way I can thinkof is trying to go to a family history centre(LDS) or local records office or local library, where they might have fiche of the baptism records that you can look at Carol

Mand

Mand Report 2 Apr 2006 22:25

ooops sorry missed some pretty vital info there didnt i.. Anyway her name is sarah and i have her and William on the 1901 census but nothing before... Mand

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Apr 2006 22:27

Can you post that info please Zoe

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Apr 2006 22:30

Is this them? George Eden abt 1898 St Helens, Lancashire, England Son St Helen Lancashire James Eden abt 1900 St Helens, Lancashire, England Son St Helen Lancashire Mary Eden abt 1897 St Helens, Lancashire, England Daughter St Helen Lancashire Sarah A Eden abt 1876 St Helens, Lancashire, England Wife St Helen Lancashire Thomas Eden abt 1894 St Helens, Lancashire, England Son St Helen Lancashire William Eden abt 1872 Rainhill, Lancashire, England Head St Helen Lancashire William Eden abt 1896 St Helens, Lancashire, England Son St Helen Lancashire

fraserbooks

fraserbooks Report 2 Apr 2006 22:31

Is this William in 1891 Robert Bruce abt 1856 Londardery, Ireland Head Everton Lancashire View Record James Eden abt 1881 Liverpool Son Everton Lancashire View Record Jane Eden abt 1851 Liverpool Wife Everton Lancashire View Record John Eden abt 1851 Liverpool Head Everton Lancashire View Record Joseph Eden abt 1879 Liverpool Son Everton Lancashire View Record Mary Eden abt 1878 Liverpool Daughter Everton Lancashire View Record William Eden abt 1875 Liverpool Son Everton Lancashire View Record James Guest abt 1848 Liverpool Brother of Wife Everton Lancashire View Record Mary Guest abt 1844 Liverpool Sister of Wife Everton Lancashire View Record Margaret Lake abt 1872 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Servant Everton Lancashire View Record Elizabeth Lucking abt 1854 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Visitor Everton Lancashire

Mand

Mand Report 2 Apr 2006 22:31

Yes Zoe, That is them..

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Apr 2006 22:35

Ok not married by 1891 Head a Plate layer James a builders lab William lab at colliery Daniel Eden abt 1885 Sutton, Lancashire, England Son Sutton Lancashire Elizabeth Eden abt 1846 Prescott, Lancashire, England Wife Sutton Lancashire James Eden abt 1875 Sutton, Lancashire, England Son Sutton Lancashire John Eden abt 1882 Sutton, Lancashire, England Son Sutton Lancashire Margaret Eden abt 1887 Sutton, Lancashire, England Daughter Sutton Lancashire Prudence Eden abt 1879 Sutton, Lancashire, England Daughter Sutton Lancashire Thomas Eden abt 1865 Rainhill, Lancashire, England Son Sutton Lancashire William Eden abt 1848 Marshall Cross, Lancashire, England Head Sutton Lancashire William Eden abt 1871 Rainhill, Lancashire, England Son Sutton Lancashire Elizabeth Eden abt 1877 Sutton, Lancashire, England Daughter Sutton Lancashire

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Apr 2006 22:39

Think you may have to buy one of the childrens birth certs as I cannot see a marriage at the moment Zoe

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Apr 2006 22:41

Which was your g granparent will try to find birth Zoe

Mand

Mand Report 2 Apr 2006 22:45

William Eden abt 1872 Rainhill, Lancashire, England Head St Helen Lancashire

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Apr 2006 22:47

Which of his children was your grandparent sorry I though he was your GG Grandparent Zoe

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Apr 2006 22:48

Do you have in in the census Mand? If you want I could look for you and see if you can gather moe info on your family Zoe

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 2 Apr 2006 22:49

Im going to feel silly if this isnt them but I was looking for a sarah marrying a william eden.....found this Robert William Eden Year of Registration: 1893 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Prescot County: Lancashire Volume: 8b Page: 783 (click to see others on page) >>>> Record Robert William Eden 1893 Jan-Feb-Mar Prescot Lancashire View Record Sarah Ellen Johnson 1893 Jan-Feb-Mar Prescot Lancashire View Record Thomas Edward Leigh 1893 Jan-Feb-Mar Prescot Lancashire View Record Catherine Price 1893 Jan-Feb-Mar Prescot Lancashire

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Apr 2006 22:53

Gerri No need to feel bad if it is not the one Can't seem to see a Sarah Johnson in the 1891 census of the right birth place and year but it doesn't mean you are wrong Zo

Mand

Mand Report 2 Apr 2006 22:54

yeah sorry Zoe james is my GG grandfather.. another wacky moment (im full of them)lol. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Zoe

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Apr 2006 22:58

Ok There are 3 births around the right time right place Births Dec 1899 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Eden James Joseph Prescot 8b 734 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Mar 1900 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Eden James Prescot 8b 850 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Jun 1900 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- EDEN James Prescot 8b 742