Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who married who in 1876? Am I banging my head?Upda

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 30 Jul 2006 16:04

In a mo please,

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 30 Jul 2006 16:07

Helllllppppp, I have Ellen Medlin William Francis Bowder Harriet William Francis Pascoe Married in the Sept q of 1876 in Falmouth Cornwall, Can I find who married who...... no! tried LDS with no luck so then looked on the 1881 census and still can't find either chap with any respective possible wife? Please this is driving me mad! Like a challenge? Can you help? Thanks in advance Lisa

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2006 16:17

Possibly there;s another chap and woman who haven't been transcribed yet, which would complete the puzzle. Or maybe one of these couples who married managed to die before 1881 census? Have you found either chap married to someone else or as a widower? nell

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Jul 2006 16:18

I can't find them in the census either. You could always buy the certificate for the one person you are interested in. Kath. x

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 30 Jul 2006 16:19

Hi Helen No, it is actually Ellens spouse I am after so have no other info for William or Francis, if that makes sense Lisa

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Jul 2006 16:19

Sue, They will all have the same volume and page number if they have been found together on FreeBMD. Kath. x

♫ D☺ver Sue

♫ D☺ver Sue Report 30 Jul 2006 16:20

Just realised that myself D'oh....time for a lie down in a darkened room I think.

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 30 Jul 2006 16:21

Hi Sue I don't know either, on free bmd all four are on the same page, elusive peeps that they are!

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 30 Jul 2006 16:22

There is a Frank and Ellen PASCOE in Falmouth in 1881. RG11; Piece: 2320; Folio: 45; Page: 19 Jennifer

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 30 Jul 2006 16:22

Hi Judith 1849 in Budock, Falmouth, I have her from 1851, 1861, 1871 then she vanishes...... Dad is James, mum Ann.

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 30 Jul 2006 16:23

Ooooh Jennifer I am off to have a little looksey!

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 30 Jul 2006 16:28

Hi Jennifer, Nearly fell of my chair only Ellen would be a lot older.... or would she? maybe knock a few years off?

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 30 Jul 2006 16:31

Hi Judith Food for thought..... didn't think about Frank, searching high and low for Francis!

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 30 Jul 2006 16:44

Just to say thanks to everyone who replied, came up with ideas etc, Jennifer it looks like you are bang on, just found Ellen as a widow in 1891 so will investigate further, just goes to show what a great bunch you are on here! Many many thanks Lisa

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 30 Jul 2006 16:52

I don't want to put a spanner in the works, but the Ellen Pascoe, widow in 1891, was married to a John Pascoe in 1881, no sign of Francis/Frank Jennifer

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 30 Jul 2006 16:57

Jennifer.... you are scary, I have just found that too! I think a cert is the only way for this one?

Cornish

Cornish Report 30 Jul 2006 16:58

And are you sure William's surname hasnt been mistranscribed? There are a lot of Bowdens down here, but I haven't heard of any Bowders. Could it be an 'n' instead of an 'r'? That might make it easier to find on a census who he might have been with. Just a thought Bex

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 30 Jul 2006 16:59

Hi Cornish maid, Ohhhhh nooo brain overload! not so sorted after all!

Cornish

Cornish Report 30 Jul 2006 17:29

Another problem, I searched the census and wasnt able to find William married to either Harriet or Ellen... then I found a William Francis Bowden, born 1859 who died in Jan/Feb/March qtr of 1881, If this is the same one that got married in 1876 we're not going to find him and his wife together on either the 1871 or the 1881 census. Sorry... will revert back to Francis Pascoe and see if I can find anything on him. But... looks like it's certificate ordering time, lol

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 30 Jul 2006 17:35

Hi Cornish Maid, I did find a William Francis Bowden born in 1862 registered in Helston, of course there is no age for 1881 deaths is there, I think you are right I will have to order the cert, just won't admit to hubby, ( bless)lol