Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THE RESULT

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 1 Sep 2006 23:35

Joy

Joy Report 1 Sep 2006 23:37

There were hundreds of nuns ... :-)

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 1 Sep 2006 23:37

Is inconclusive and I should like a recount as I made it a three way draw with 13 votes each exactly (seems like a fix to me although I don't know how, honest). Will someone PLEASE look over the statistics and verify my findings? I thank you!

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&#

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&# Report 1 Sep 2006 23:38

Anyone would think we were in Florida lol

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 1 Sep 2006 23:40

June, I sympathise darlin...I once ran outta papers for my rollies. I was advised by this board to use the blank pages of the family bible.....Hey! it worked!! I'll make sure I wont ever run out again! I now buy green papers by the dozen lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2006 23:42

gerri, you can buy them 8 for £1....in the poundshop.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Sep 2006 23:43

I HAVE to buy mine -Swan liquorice - by the dozen cos not a lot of shops stock them!! maggie

Heather

Heather Report 1 Sep 2006 23:47

Whatever the result, Id like to give the Heather Martin Award for outstanding humour in the face of adversity to Paul Barton for his magnificent speech. Im only disappointed that he didnt manage to drag Henry V in there somewhere. Brilliant Paul.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2006 23:48

You should have got a lie detector. That would have sorted the wheat from the chaff.

Gordon

Gordon Report 1 Sep 2006 23:49

I've counted twice and got different totals for each candidate each time... I make it Glen 13 or 14, Paul 12 and Marion 10 or 12 (plus hundreds of nuns), but I'm not sure which votes should be disqualified... Anybody else want to count? Gordon

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2006 23:49

* off with his head * that's my opinion :o)

Joy

Joy Report 1 Sep 2006 23:50

... and all residents from Grottingham and those in BC's neighbourhood for me ........

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 1 Sep 2006 23:51

Nervously awaiting confirmation here peeps. Is this a problem related to dimpled chads? Glen

Louise

Louise Report 1 Sep 2006 23:51

It's all a bit mad and I'm not sure which votes count and which are fraudulent but I my best attempt is ... Paul -13 Glen - 12 Maid/Nell - 12 Back to you Snowdrops for a final judgement.

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 1 Sep 2006 23:51

Is there time for a comfort break?

Joy

Joy Report 1 Sep 2006 23:53

Nuns don't count ?

Uncle John

Uncle John Report 1 Sep 2006 23:53

So the constituency is Chad Valley. And the spring broke on the voting machine. J

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2006 23:53

Can we have a P please Bob?

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 1 Sep 2006 23:54

As the results are inconclusive due to dirty tricks, lies, cheats, thieves and blackmail (and that was just on my part) I am declaring this vote a 3-way tie. You can all three decide between you whether you would like to: a) Have a 4 month stint each as Board Mascot b) Share the year equally and at the same time between you or c) da da da ................ hold another election .... YAY!!!! But please, tell me tomorrow - I'm off to bed now. NITE NITE

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 1 Sep 2006 23:56

In that case you can have both speeches I prepared…. May I firstly thank the returning officer for her magnificent work tonight. I lost this election entirely due to the underhanded and devious dirty tricks of my opponent. It is a sad day for democracy when a properly run campaign is railroaded by empty promises and cynical manipulation. Why, the Tinsel faction even dragged my daughter into the debate! I will now withdraw from public life and pursue my Open University course in cordwaining. May I firstly thank the returning officer for her magnificent work tonight. I won this election in an open and and fair contest for which I congratulate my opponents. It is a great day for democracy when the voice of the people is heard and a popular representative is selected. The Tinsel faction even made a complimentary reference to my daughter. I will now pledge myself to serve and I would just like to read this poem by St Francis of Assisi:…….