Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Free Gift!!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deb

Deb Report 2 Sep 2006 11:34

No It's not really a Free Gift...I just wanted to share this with you. While trawling the Croydon PR's the other day I noticed a certain name and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me so I just checked the IGI and there it was...See below

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 2 Sep 2006 11:35

nuffin there Debs!

Deb

Deb Report 2 Sep 2006 11:35

1. FREE GIFT PULLEN - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Marriage: 21 DEC 1728 Saint John The Baptist, Croydon, Surrey, England The one I found was for his baptism, but here he is getting wed!!! Deb

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 2 Sep 2006 11:38

Aw bless.

Merry

Merry Report 2 Sep 2006 11:45

What a nightmare, having to go through life explaining that! Merry

Merry

Merry Report 2 Sep 2006 11:47

There are a few Free Gifts on Ancestry World Tree, both male and female! Merry

Deb

Deb Report 2 Sep 2006 11:48

Errmm he may have been a gift but I bet he wasn't free!!

Deb

Deb Report 2 Sep 2006 11:51

Aawww look at this one!!! 42. FREE LOVE BURTON - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: About 28 AUG 1701 Saint Mary Cray, Kent, England

Sprack

Sprack Report 2 Sep 2006 12:36

what about this from the 1881 Deb? Jenny Elizabeth STOCKING Head W Female 77 South Pickenham, Norfolk, England Free STOCKING Grandson U Male 20 South Pickenham, Norfolk, England Laborer

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 2 Sep 2006 12:41

Deb.... maybe his parents had just taken out a subscription to Which magazine.

Deb

Deb Report 2 Sep 2006 12:54

Poor thing!!! Name: Free Free Age: 26 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1845 Relation: Son Father's name: Thomas Mother's name: Ann Gender: Male Where born: Hughendon, Buckinghamshire, England Civil Parish: Hughendon Town: Naphill County/Island: Buckinghamshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Wycombe Sub-registration district: West Wycombe Jenny.....Free Stocking is great!!! Paul.......Could you imagine their faces when their free-gift arrived??

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 2 Sep 2006 12:59

'ere - I wonder if his mum and dad bought one ................ and got one free!! .

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2006 13:02

One to add to the ever increasing list of odd names. Lovenot Mabel Wallis 1889 - 1947.

Deb

Deb Report 2 Sep 2006 13:06

You have just won this fantastic prize which will brighten up any abode................ ***Drum Roll*** Name: Gift Tennant Spouse: John J Birth: abt 1856 - Eastbourne, Sussex, England Residence: 1901 - St Pancras, London, England

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 2 Sep 2006 13:09

Have you found a birth certificate or a rent book? ;-)

Deb

Deb Report 2 Sep 2006 13:10

Dripping taps are a thing of the past with this next prize........... Name: Gift Plummer Spouse: James Birth: abt 1828 - Chiddingley, Sussex, England Residence: 1861 - Westmeston, Sussex, England

Sprack

Sprack Report 2 Sep 2006 13:11

another one for you from the1881 Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability Comfort BATH Wife (Head) M Female 30 Uxbridge, Middlesex, England Nurse SM Emily BATH Daur Female 8 Kensington, Middlesex, England Scholar

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 2 Sep 2006 13:12

She married a Mr Jaccuzzi.

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 2 Sep 2006 13:14

But ran off with Mr Shower that was after they'd had lots of little footbaths

Lynn

Lynn Report 2 Sep 2006 13:14

I was a bit disappointed to find that this thread wasn't offering free BMD certificates! LOL But I'm more surprised to find out how popular the name 'Free' was. My g g g grand father was John Free Smith and so was his 4th son. Also his son, my gg grandfather named his 2nd son, John Free, as well. Lynn