Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

<b> Does anyone know how to download pictures from

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Feb 2007 18:54

I have a Vivitar digital camera but the book says it will not set up disc supplied with camera on Windows XP. Can anyone help? I have to say I know nothing at all about camera's or where to start. I thought it would just download with USB cable but it doesn't. Betty

Xxxxxx

Xxxxxx Report 3 Feb 2007 19:07

HiBetty Are you saying your camera's disc willl not load onto XP? The cameras I have had all had to be installed with the disc, and then you can just use the usb cable. I am no expert but vivitar is quite a common make, I would have thought it would work with xp. Will the disc not install? Jennifer

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Feb 2007 19:18

Hi Jennifer, I tried to instal the disc but nothing happened. When I took out the disk it say on the front for Windows98/Me, Windows*2000/Xp, MacOS 8.8 or later. I don't know why nothing happens when I put the disk in the tower. Betty p.s. I have had the camera for about 2 years and just put pictures into Asda machine from smart card but would like to download them. Betty

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 3 Feb 2007 19:32

Betty is the disk not auto running? If not, put the disk in, click on my computer, look for your cd drive and click on that. When the window opens showing the files on the cd, look for one named setup.exe. Click on that and it should install. Good luck Keith

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Feb 2007 19:42

Hi Keith, Now thats a bit too technical for me but I will give it a try. When I put the disc in the tower nothing happens, the green light flashes for 3 seconds and then goes out and I wait and wait but nothing comes up at all. Off now to try what you suggested, may be back to ask question if I need help with this. Betty

bowsnr

bowsnr Report 3 Feb 2007 19:49

HiBetty,Why don't you buy a card reader,they are only a few pounds,you just stick it in a usb port and put your card in the slot and hey presto!!! BOWSR

Heather

Heather Report 3 Feb 2007 19:51

Yes, if you click on my computer the disc should be shown on the drive, just click on that and the program should come up.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Feb 2007 19:53

Hi again Keith, Went into my computer as you said. it has DVD/CD-RW Drive (d) clicked on it but nothing happens. Betty

. Report 3 Feb 2007 20:01

Betty, Just been on Vivitar web site it say's that with Windows XP it's plug and play. (Meaning no driver required) Have you connected the camera to the PC using USB cable? If not remove CD then connect to PC using cable, (watch for comment saying found new hardware in bottom right corner of screen) It should be ready to use using photo editing software. Derek

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Feb 2007 20:05

Hi Derek, I did connect the camera to the tower with the USB cable. I don't know why it wont download that way as my friends camera does. She just connect it and off it goes and pictures are all dowloaded in a minute. Why isn't mine doing that too. This was why I said should I use the intallation disk or what. My computer did crash 4 weeks ago and just had it re-installed but the camera never downloaded even before this. Betty

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 3 Feb 2007 20:25

I have an oldish fuji 1400z finepix on M E, I needed the software discs loading into the PC. now I am on XP .didnt need the discs....... I connect the camera via the USB lead switch it ON and in moments get a New Hardware found message.click on that and that opens up the camera...... Bob

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Feb 2007 20:29

Hi Bob, Mine doen't download at all. I use the USB cable but nothing happens at all. Betty

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Feb 2007 20:34

Betty, Can you confirm that you have Windows XP?

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Feb 2007 20:37

Yes Peter I have Windows XP. Betty

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 3 Feb 2007 20:55

Betty, Have you tried turning the camera on AFTER you have connected it through the USB cable? That's very important. It should show up automatically that way with windows xp.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 3 Feb 2007 21:02

Betty, if you know the model of the camera, you may be able to get the software online, google vivitar (your model) software drivers.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Feb 2007 21:05

Hi Snowdrops, Yes I have the camera on when I try to load it onto the computer with the USB cable. I tried turning it on after too, I can see the pictures on the camera they just don't download, I think its something to do with the software on the computer. Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Feb 2007 21:09

Hi Keith, I did look for the Camera model on the Vivitar website but I couldn't find it. Its a Vivitar ViviCam 3755 which I bought a few years ago on a shopping channel. Betty

Susan

Susan Report 3 Feb 2007 21:12

Could the cable be faulty?

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 3 Feb 2007 21:13

Betty Check you have the software installed Go to Start then Go to All Programmes then Go to Accessories Then look down the list for Scanner and Camera Wizard. If you can see that you know the software for it is installed. Then you have to look at what you're doing which won't allow it to download. Make sure the camera is turned off. Plug the cable back in both ends. Turn the camera back on and it should start - do all this even if you've done it before and feel like you're going over old ground. Sometimes it's easy to get yourself mixed up when trying lots of different things and taking advice from lots of different people. There is no reason why it shouldn't work if you have everything you should have and you connect and turn on in the right way.