Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

need help to find a birth..............

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 9 Mar 2007 18:35

I have gt gt grandparents birth cert- John Moore m. Anne Turner 7th may 1854 Oldswinford parish church Stourbridge Worcs. They were both 24. his dad William a labourer, hers Richard a labourer. The only marriage of a William I can find was a chainmaker, so I've been chasing the wrong line! Can anyone help me find Johns birth, and his mum's name? Thanks

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Mar 2007 18:42

Hi Sharon, where have you found the marriage of William the chainmaker and when? If John was 24 when he married, you need to look c1830 for his baptism in the parish records, consequently if his parents were married prior to his birth, the only record of it would be in the parish records or possibly on the IGI. Have you found either John or Anne on the 1841/51 census?

Julie

Julie Report 9 Mar 2007 18:52

form IGI, might be him? JOHN MOORE Male -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: 05 OCT 1830 Christening: 14 NOV 1830 High Street Independent, Stourbridge, Worcester, England Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: WILLIAM MOORE Family Mother: HANNAH

Julie

Julie Report 9 Mar 2007 18:52

Hi Sharon Did John and Anne have any children and i'll try and find them on the 1861 and work back

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Mar 2007 19:02

Possible baptism for Anne? ANN TURNER Female Event(s): Birth: Christening: 03 OCT 1830 Cradley, Worcester, England Parents: Father: RICHARD TURNER Family Mother: ANN

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Mar 2007 19:08

And siblings of John? 1. HENRIETEN MOORE - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 18 AUG 1833 High Street Independent, Stourbridge, Worcester, England Born 29 June 1833 2. GEORGE MORE - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 10 SEP 1835 High Street Independent, Stourbridge, Worcester, England Born 5 Sept 1835 3. ANGELINA MORE - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 11 DEC 1836 High Street Independent, Stourbridge, Worcester, England b 10 Sept 1836

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Mar 2007 19:08

Hi Julie, changed names again!

Julie

Julie Report 9 Mar 2007 19:14

1841 if its them ?? Angelina Moore abt 1837 Worcestershire, England Old Swinford Worcestershire View Record Anna Moore abt 1801 Worcestershire, England Old Swinford Worcestershire View Record Edward Moore abt 1821 Worcestershire, England Old Swinford Worcestershire View Record Eliza Moore abt 1839 Worcestershire, England Old Swinford Worcestershire View Record Fanny Moore abt 1823 Worcestershire, England Old Swinford Worcestershire View Record Henrietta Moore abt 1835 Worcestershire, England Old Swinford Worcestershire View Record Henry Moore abt 1829 Worcestershire, England Old Swinford Worcestershire View Record John Moore abt 1832 Worcestershire, England Old Swinford Worcestershire View Record Mary Moore abt 1826 Worcestershire, England Old Swinford Worcestershire View Record William Moore abt 1801 Worcestershire, England Old Swinford Worcestershire

Julie

Julie Report 9 Mar 2007 19:14

Lol Keith....Its the new me, do you like it ?

Julie

Julie Report 9 Mar 2007 19:16

Hiya Keith.... my little peanut thrower

Julie

Julie Report 9 Mar 2007 19:26

LOL was it the Queen bit that makes it sound foreign

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Mar 2007 19:29

Cant see any Moors/Moores on the 1851 b Old Swinford except Jemima,Ester,James and Alfred Moor in Upper Swinford, also Ann and Henry Moor. with the family Griffiths in Oldbury.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Mar 2007 19:31

Sounds foreign to me lol. Have you found any of them on the 51? cant find them yet.

Julie

Julie Report 9 Mar 2007 19:34

Couldn't find anything on the 1851, not sure even if we're looking for the right family

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 9 Mar 2007 20:03

1851 Name: John Morre Age: 20 Estimated birth year: abt 1831 Relation: Son Father's name: William Mother's name: Hannah Gender: Male Where born: Stourbridge Civil parish: Stourbridge Ecclesiastical parish: Oldswinford County/Island: Worcestershire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Stourbridge Sub-registration district: Stourbridge ED, institution, or vessel: 1k Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 46 Household Members: Name Age Thomas Bolt 21 George Cook 28 Angelina Morre 15 Eliza Morre 11 Hannah Morre 54 James Morre 8 John Morre 20 Louisa Morre 5 William Morre 57 The image says Moore William is a chair maker or could be chain maker as is son John

Sharon

Sharon Report 9 Mar 2007 20:07

cant find em on the 51 census. The chainmaker William marriage was to Hannah Harper 21/9/1818 St Thomas Dudley

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 9 Mar 2007 20:09

In 1861 John the chainmaker is married to ellen and living in Chesterfield which rules out that family

Sharon

Sharon Report 9 Mar 2007 20:09

I think the baptism for Anne is Oct 1830 dad Richard too Keith

Sharon

Sharon Report 9 Mar 2007 20:14

I know my John and Anne had John Henry Moore b. 12 july 1867. he married Mary harris in Dec 1888. Think siblings were Charles,Thomas,Clara, Albert,Harry, then my John, Harriet and Ann R

Sharon

Sharon Report 9 Mar 2007 20:20

Think the independent St Stourbridge is the wrong one that I've been chasing Julie-he's the son of the chainmaker.