Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Leaving GR

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nottsgirl

Nottsgirl Report 5 Feb 2018 18:18

Hi All,

Just to let you know that my subsrciption to this site ends on 11 March and I have decided not to renew it, how ever I'm still willing to do look ups at Nottingham Archives for anyone need it. You can get in touch with me by email , some of you have my email addy if not you will need to pm me so I can give you my email addyin case you need it in the furture before 11 March, or leave a message on Rootschat where I can see it.

All the best to everyone and Thank you for all the help you have given me.

Wendy

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Feb 2018 19:08

It's a shame you've decided to go Wendy. Another long standing member bites the dust.

I know the site is a shadow of it's former self and I've considered leaving for the last 5 years or so, but my son always convinces me that the subscription I pay (£8.96p) won't break the bank and I'd miss being able to respond to posts, even though I would still be able to read the boards. I've decided he's right so for now I'm staying.

I don't know why Genes and Findmypast aren't rolled into one site (but only if they keep things virtually the same because I'm not good with change, lol.)

Kath. x

Nottsgirl

Nottsgirl Report 5 Feb 2018 19:17

Hi Kath,

Thank you, yes I only pay the £8 .96 sub although it's not a lot I find I don't really use this site much but like i said I'm always help to help and am willing to give you my email addy in case you need help in the furture.

Wendy

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Feb 2018 19:25

Thanks for the offer Wendy but I'm not doing any research of my own these days - and don't have any family from the Nottingham area. However I will send you a pm with my email address and you can send me yours - just in case.

Kath. x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Feb 2018 17:05

Thank you so much for the help over the years. Life moves on and all that. We’ll be sorry to see you go. <3

Nottsgirl

Nottsgirl Report 6 Feb 2018 18:34

Hi Det,

Thank you and Thank you for the help you have given me. I'll still do lookups I'll pm you my email addy as I cannot remember if you have it and then you can email me with anything you need looking up or if you are helping anyone else who may need a lookup.

All the best

Wendy

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Feb 2018 20:57

And thank you from me too!

Remember that if someone sends you a PM at this site, you will still be able to reply even if your sub isn't paid up.

So it might be a good idea to edit your Notts look-ups thread to put that right at the top of your first post, something like:

**Please click on my name to send me a private message with your request, and I will reply to your message.**

Just remember to do it before your sub expires. :-)

Nottsgirl

Nottsgirl Report 7 Feb 2018 13:59

Hi JoonieCloonie,

Thank you, I didn't know you could reply to a pm withput a sub, I'll update my theard with that message.

Thank you so much for letting me know.

All the best

Wendy

Derek

Derek Report 11 Feb 2018 20:38

Oy!! you can't go!! send me your email by Pm xx Derek