Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GRO and PDF ordering

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kuros

Kuros Report 12 Jan 2018 14:50

The GRO trial of downloading a birth or death PDF certificate is finishing today. It was extended for three months from last October. I've found this invaluable. It costs £6 instead of the usual certificate price and mine have arrived in the same time, or quicker, than an ordinary cert. Unlike a certificate, they cannot be used for legal documents but are ideal for family research. They are exact copies of the certs so have all the information on them.

Annie

greyghost

greyghost Report 13 Jan 2018 12:08

Sat up late last night to order the certificates I wanted, (but had thought I really shouldn't) - past midnight in the end as I got timed out for some reason. But order went through at £6 each (phew!) and still seems to be on offer this afternoon. Do I spend some more is the question now !!

Kuros

Kuros Report 13 Jan 2018 14:27

They extended the trial for three months past the original date and I'm hoping they will do this again. It would be nice to see the marriages there too. I went a bit mad at £6 each. Not quite as bad if you get a wrong one at that price.

Annie

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Jan 2018 18:57

I don't think there is any need to panic ...........

This was posted on Lancashire Genealogy yesterday morning (Friday) by a member ........

- - - - -- -
I have just phoned the GRO and can tell you that the GRO PDF service is NOT closing it is in fact going to be extended and this will be posted on their site very soon

- - - - -

Just wait it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuros

Kuros Report 14 Jan 2018 11:45

That's good news.

Annie