Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Useful Adoption Sites

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Smith

Smith Report 28 Apr 2017 12:28

I am hoping I can have advise on locations and access to adoption records, births both took place in Reading UK 1931 & 1942 (brothers with same mother)

I live in Australia but my father and Uncle were adopted out at birth, my father has passed and I would like his adoption records but am having difficulty.

Also his brother also appears to have been adopted out although no wording of Adopted written on his birth certificate like my fathers has, but he did not grow up with his mother.

Thank you :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Apr 2017 14:02

Also posted on FLR thread ,

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/accessing-your-birth-records

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Apr 2017 06:03

I believe only the adoptee can access their records . Once they have passed away then the access is closed I'm afraid

From what you say you know his birth name and have his original birth cert