Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

when did they join?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 22 Feb 2017 09:30

Hi everyone
I have found a connection in my tree also found that she has a GR tree as owner. I have sent her a message but feeling impatient.
Is there anyway I can find out how long ago she made her tree? I have her member number the beginning is ....Member No. 9928- - -.

Thanks for your time
Geraldine

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Feb 2017 10:14

If you're using a laptop or PC, hover your curser over your own name then look at the bottom left of the screen. (It doesn't work on a tablet) That'll give you your membership number when you joined in 2004.
It's likely they joined within a few months of you.

Have they accessed the message? See if there is still an envelope icon next to it in your 'sent messages' box.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 22 Feb 2017 10:21

Thanks for that tip +++DetEcTive+++

Not sure how you got the 2004 for me though? On my laptop it says...Gr.co.uk/messages/new/then the number
Dont think I'm going to be lucky and get a reply if she joined that far back. Fingers crossed she has same addy.

Message not read yet but I only posted it day before yesterday.

Geraldine x

Kense

Kense Report 22 Feb 2017 10:45

Members with membership numbers around 9,928,000 joined in Jan/Feb 2009.+

EDIT
If it was 992,800 that would have been around Jan/Feb 2004.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Feb 2017 10:55

Click on your Avatar and it'll show you the month & year you joined. It'll also tell you how many times you've posted using this account.

Yours is Nov 2004, Kense Jan 2004 & me Feb 2003.

Edit - sorry if I'd assumed you meant 9928 rather than something with loads of extra digits. In that case, Kense is likely to be correct with 2009. You never know, they still might pick it up.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 22 Feb 2017 11:06

Sorry. dummy here....Avatar???

ah ha! got it! My photo lol thanks

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Feb 2017 11:51

Sometimes, for all sorts of reasons, people take months if not years to reply to messages - don't give up hope!.