Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Surprise with 1939 Register result

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gai

Gai Report 22 Nov 2015 11:37

Well I just received an interesting result when I opened one of my Moremon Households.

On the preview for the Household there are 2 people opened and 1 officially closed which is correct

Sidney E Moremon 04 Jul 1895 Male Platers Helper Steel Works Married 73 1
Mary Moremon 17 Dec 1898 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 73 2

The person officially closed is their only son Sidney who was born in 1929 and still very much alive though he has moved to Australia from the UK

So I've opened the record and I can see Sidney E and Sidney Jnr and Mary's record has been blocked out.

I've saved a copy of the record but I'm in 2 minds as to whether I should report the problem to FMP. Or maybe contact Sidney's family and see what they have to say.

I just might sleep on it and decide what to do tomorrow.

Gai

:-S

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Nov 2015 12:43

Contact FMP. There's mention on another thread where something like this has happened. The poster got an apology and a number of credits.

Obviously Sidney Jr will stay redacted, but that's to be expected. The other 2 were born well before 1915!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Nov 2015 12:46

It was Allan's thread
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1356128

Gai

Gai Report 23 Nov 2015 09:29

Det,

I'm going to send a message to the family and let them know and see what they have
to say

Gai

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Nov 2015 09:56

Under the UKs Freedom of information act and the National Archives own decision, the parents records should be open.

An error has been made. Why the uncertainty about letting FMP know? They'd already be on the 1901 & 1911 census!
Just because most users are only interested (at the moment) in accessing a few closely related people, any one with a deep pocket is entitled to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if probate research companies will use the data base to help search for the heirs to unclaimed estates.

These are UK records held/released by a UK government organisation. UK rules/laws apply, not those pertaining to other countries.

Gai

Gai Report 23 Nov 2015 10:40

I'll report the problem to Find my Past as I have the image save to my computer.

Just wish I could find the rest of the family

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Nov 2015 13:28

:-)