Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rees families living in LLanrhystud 1840

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2014 14:44

How can I find out the names of all the houses in LLANRHYSTUD or LLANRHYSTYD in 1841 ? ( CARDIGANSHIRE district ABERYSTWYTH sometimes spelt Aberystwith. )
Also is there an easy way to see all the REES families who lived in Llanrhysted in 1841?
I have been trying to go through the census but I think I am making it difficult for myself
MANY THANKS.

Potty

Potty Report 12 Oct 2014 15:07

Not sure which site you are searching on but on Ancestry just using Rees for the surname and Llanrhystyd (notice spelling!) for the sub registration district should bring them all up.

To find the house names, you need to bring up an image and then page backwards and forwards through all the images.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2014 15:10

Many thanks.I am using Genes Reunited.

jax

jax Report 12 Oct 2014 15:19

The 1841 census is not very good with full address's normally just get the name of the road

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2014 15:51

o.k. thanks - maybe it would be better to use a later census. I have a marriage certificate 1839 with the name of the house/road and it is VERY difficult to decipher other than the three first letters. I will go on looking!! Thank you

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 12 Oct 2014 16:03

Hi Margaret I have sent you a personal message.

Mel

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2014 17:01

Many thanks I have send you(hopefully) three photos of the certificate.