Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EILEEN JOSEPHINE COURTNEY.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 11 Aug 2014 22:08

Eileen Josephine Courtney lived in Ireland in Scots or Rock house County MONAGHAN.

On 23 Sept 1941 she gave birth to a son called Brian in Port Stewart near Londonderry.

He was adopted by a family in Wales with the surname Everson.

She was not married when she gave birth.

Could anyone help me/point me in the right direction to find out about her - birth, marriage?, maybe death?

Brian Everson is my father, so your help will be appreciated.

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 11 Aug 2014 22:10

If your father is still alive he can ask Social services to help him find her

If not you may find it difficult to find her or you may up set people by looking please take care

May I ask where you got this ladies info from please?

Christine

Christine Report 11 Aug 2014 22:51

Birth Certificate.

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 11 Aug 2014 23:08

you then need to look on Ancestry.com or another site which holds these type of registrations to see if she married

Now I have looked BUT there are 6 ladies whom DECLAIRE they are Eileen J whom married but none I can see in Londonderry...some only say they are eileen

and sorry to say thats where your problem may lay

In getting to the bottom of the list of which eileen J courtney is the one your require to move forward

I do think may be you have a date of birth which may help as you may have a mothers maiden name which should be given by eileen when she marries which will be on her marriage registration

are eileens parents on her birth certificate ? we could use them to help trace

Christine

Christine Report 11 Aug 2014 23:19

Thanks Kempina.

I suppose i could also search birth certificates for Eileen Josephine Courtney too, and then I could use the date of birth to find a later marriage certificate.

She lived in the Republic Of Ireland, just across the border from Northern Ireland.