Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sharing my tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 22 Feb 2014 06:42

Hi hope I have come to the right section. I want to know if there is a way I can share my tree on GR with a non member?

Diane

patchem

patchem Report 22 Feb 2014 07:37

Have you looked on the help section or tried to contact genes as they are the ones with the final decisions?

Anyone can put a tree on here.

Kense

Kense Report 22 Feb 2014 09:47

They need to become a member by registering as a free member. It won't cost them, but you will have to initiate all communication with them as they will not be able to send messages only replies.

EDIT deleted sentence

Diane

Diane Report 22 Feb 2014 10:56

Okay thanks to all

Diane

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 22 Feb 2014 11:28

I shared my tree with my sister, I initiated contact and gave her access to my tree, she had to register but could not see my tree untill she became a standard member

You could export a copy of your tree as a "Gedcom file" then upload that copy to another site such as tribalpages where they can access it

http://www.tribalpages.com/

Roy

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 22 Feb 2014 11:51

My understanding is the same as Roy

A Standard Member may view a Free Member's tree once the SM has made contact and the FM has given permission

However, a Free Member can not view a Standard Member's tree

Kense

Kense Report 22 Feb 2014 11:52

Yes Roy is right See T&C 6(B)(b).

I have deleted that part from my post.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 24 Feb 2014 08:41

Download a gedcom and email it to your friend.
She then registers on here as a free member - and then uploads the file.
???????????

Diane

Diane Report 24 Feb 2014 10:02

Thanks Inky1 will try that

Diane