Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 15 Feb 2014 00:12

Hi not been on here for a while and everything has changed. Why is it that when I click on matches on a name and it takes me to view that is as far as it goes and I am unable to see tree matches
Thank you for any help Linda

Graham

Graham Report 15 Feb 2014 09:14

In order to view somebodys tree you have to send them a message first and ask to view it. I wouldn't want GR allowing any Tom, Dick or Harry to view my tree. ;-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Feb 2014 10:27

It has never been possible to see other trees without permission......obtained by contacting the tree owner, and asking

Linda

Linda Report 15 Feb 2014 19:29

Thank you guys for taking the time to reply to my thread but I haven't made myself very clear. Say I find my own name on my tree and it says 53 in the box I click on the number and it says so many record matches and so many tree matches. I click on view to see the tree matches and nothing happens. Before it would give you a list so you could contact the tree matches, as you said Graham. I wouldn't expect to have access to any ones tree with out their permission. I certainly wouldn't like that. I was thinking it may be because I am just a Standard user?
Thank you Linda

Thelma

Thelma Report 15 Feb 2014 19:35

I am a standard user and it works for me.

Eleanora Abrahams 1908 Southampton Hampshir... Yes Christine
Eleanora Abrahams 1908 Southampton Hampshir... Yes Julie
Eleanora Abrahams 1908 Southampton Hampshir... Yes Tony
PS
Opens in another window.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 15 Feb 2014 21:02

Linda,

You are not the only one having problems.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1337397

So, it works for me and Thelma. But not you. I suggest that you message GR about this.

Graham

Graham Report 15 Feb 2014 21:20

Well this is strange. I just tried it and I got a message from Internet Explorer saying they had blocked a link from Genesreunited; but they gave me the option of allowing the link to be opened. Then it worked okay. Perhaps it might work better if you tried using a different browser. Otherwise try sending GR a message (but bare in mind that they only work office hours).

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 15 Feb 2014 21:32

Your browser is probably blocking pop ups from GR when you click to see the records

Hold down the Ctrl key and the record will open in another tab,

or

Hold down Ctrl + ALT then click on the link to open on the same page

or go to your pop up blocker settings and add Genes reunited to your allow list

Roy

Linda

Linda Report 15 Feb 2014 22:42

Hi Guys

Excellent news it is now working.

Thank you for all your help

You are all amazing xxx

Best wishes Linda xxxxx :-D :-D :-D