Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Records for Canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

bighen

bighen Report 11 Oct 2012 15:07

Does anyone know of a site where records can be researched for Newfoundland Canada.Trouble is i only need 1930s onwards.
I have very limited information .All i have is Stephen Joseph Warren born abt 1921 ,have found a birth thats a poss, he went to Canada and married an Elizabeth.i Know the name of thier children but thats it.
I'm not sure i'm going to get far with this one.

Will stay on for a while but might have to get back later as have the school run to do .
Thanks all Pam

Maddie

Maddie Report 11 Oct 2012 16:17

there are these
Newfoundland Canada Census Records Online | Labrador Census ...
www.censusfinder.com/newfoundland-census-records.htm
Newfoundland, Canada census records listed in a comprehensive and easy to use directory. Find all the free Canadian census transcriptions and census ..

Newfoundland Genealogy - Free Online Records & Databases for ...
genealogy.about.com/.../newfoundland_records/Newfoundland_Gen...
Newfoundland Genealogy Online - Free Records & Databases ... genealogy databases with family history information pertaining to Newfoundland, Canada.

mgnv

mgnv Report 11 Oct 2012 17:13

Newfoundland joined Canada on 31/3/1949 - after that see:
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogy/index-e.html

Pre confederation, see: http://ngb.chebucto.org/

bighen

bighen Report 11 Oct 2012 19:27

Thank you so much i'l give it a go see if i can find anything .

Dorsetdales

Dorsetdales Report 11 Oct 2012 20:14

Hi Pam,Canada is not always help full with reccords of people that could be still alive ,you may get help if you can get someone there to do look ups for you, good hunting Beryl :-)

bighen

bighen Report 11 Oct 2012 21:32

Hi Beryl.This is a difficult one.Its someone i met on My Heritage that had the same name as me .found out that he is Canada but is very dissabled and cant find anything on his family.He asked if i would try to find something from here.His grandmother is still alive but his aunt cares for her and wont tell him anything.His father is dead and although his dad had siblings they have all fallen out and no one talks to any family members.He has no one to ask so i said i was happy to help.
So thats the story so im trawling through the 1945c in Newfoundland to see if i can find his grandfather.trouble is its only a chance as he doesnt know when he came to Canada.I can but try.
Pam