Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WDYTYA Alex Kingston

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 19 Sep 2012 22:00

I am enjoying this episode no end. It's a refreshing change to learn about another aspect of life especially for women in the1800s.

Fancy finding out that your ancestor was charged with Whoredom and Fornication :-D

Wasn't Elizabeth Braham absolutely amazing with how she protected her granddaughter from the property being transferred to her husband should she marry.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 19 Sep 2012 22:14

First one of the series I have enjoyed.

Puzzled as to why she did not know what a magic lantern was.

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 19 Sep 2012 22:25

I wondered that too GB. It seemed strange to me, especially being connected to the industry. I'm only a bit older than she is so it can't be an age thing to not know about it.

I'm about to head to bed but I do plan to watch it again and take a look at the census' and maybe Google Earth or Map to see if the properties mentioned are still there.

The format does seem to have changed from the celebrity apparently looking for the info themselves to going to meet the people who have found it for them. Is that my imagination because I don't know if the rest of the series has been like this?