Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage of GGparents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 8 Sep 2012 22:29

Can anybody help with a problem I have my grandfather married mary daly who;s father was William Daly born in Co Wicklow he married Teresa O'Neil and the in about 1903 married a Josephine ? they lived in Dublin his fater was patrick Daly and he married Ann Geoghegan what I need to know is his fathers and mothers names as I have three poosibilities and dont know it is

patchem

patchem Report 9 Sep 2012 08:20

George,
I am slightly unclear as to who you are looking for, and which information you hold.
Have you got the marriage certificate for Patrick Daly to Ann Geoghegan?
Thanks

George

George Report 9 Sep 2012 08:52

I have the name of patricks father on church record I printed off another site which gives it as William Daly who was married to Margaret Doyle but when search for this record I get a william daly married to two other womem not Margaret. The date of Patricks marriage was 16th May 1864, what I need help with is who was his father and mother thanks inanticipation.

patchem

patchem Report 9 Sep 2012 09:13

Have you got a copy of the marriage certificate of Patrick in 1864?

George

George Report 9 Sep 2012 18:27

I have a printout of the internet and his father was william Daly who married Margaret Doyle but I can find any record of thier marriage,

Pam

Pam Report 9 Sep 2012 18:45

Are you sure that the information you have printed off regarding Patrick relates to "your" Patrick ?

Birth certificate of any child from the marriage would be helpful.

George

George Report 10 Sep 2012 19:09

I am almost positive that this is right as I have traced it from me to Granmother to her father and to patrick I am just confused by the fact that I can't find patricks parents. The documents printed off the internet site are copies of his birth and baptism and his marriage to Ann, Iknow his father was Williamand I have found the matches of a William marrying but not to a Margaret Doyle which is on Patrick's marriage document.