Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 Census on Ancestry - infirmity column

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jul 2012 13:59

Could not afford to renew my FMP sub for the 1911 census so have been using Ancestry.

Really do not like the way the information is shown and the length of time taken to view images let alone download them. Much better on FMP.

Plus the fact the infirmity column is still covered on Ancestry. So asked the question about when the infirmity column would be uncovered.

Just got this reply -

"Thank you for contacting Ancestry regarding the 1911 England Census. Unfortunately we don't have any information as to when or if the Infirmity column will be available. We apologize for the inconvenience. We would recommend checking the Ancestry.co.uk blog for further updates."

So does this mean there are no plans to show the infirmity column at all. Surely Ancestry must know if or when this is going to be made available.

Andrew

Andrew Report 10 Jul 2012 14:12

I think ancestry mucked up doing 1911 census. It's riddled with basic transcription errors and I've found several pages that are on FMP that aren't on Ancestry. They have simply missed them out. Also on the English listing, the drop down list of counties is incomplete, only about half are there.

I would think to have the Infirmaty column showing, they would have to rescan the entire census.

Andy

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 10 Jul 2012 14:39

Andrew,

I noticed the self same problem of missing counties some weeks ago. I contacted Ancestry who advised me to log out of Ancestry (Which I don't usually do) and then clear my computers cache. I was a bit dubious but I did do what they suggested and as they said when I re-logged on to Ancestry all the counties were correctly displayed in the drop down list.