Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Viewing Trees on GR

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Jul 2012 22:34

Is there a problem at the moment?
I have this evening been corresponding by pm about a probable connection and have been given permission to view the member's tree, but got the following message although I am signed in as normal......

Server Error
401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Is this a fault common to many? Is there a way round it?
Hopefully it's just a 'blip'.

Gwyn

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 7 Jul 2012 22:43

Hmm. I have just accessed trees open to me with no problem. Blip maybe. I think as you can pm you must have more than the free membership on here. Try closing any GR programmes you have open and start again and see if that clears it. Come back and report. J

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 7 Jul 2012 22:45

Every time I go to search trees I get logged off this site.

Rose

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 7 Jul 2012 22:46

Sorry Gwyn.

Didn't look to see who the poster was so assumed a fairly new person. I will give you permission to view mine and if you get the same response you will know it is more than just the one tree. Check your messages in a mo.

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 7 Jul 2012 22:47

Sorry Gwyn.

Didn't look to see who the poster was so assumed a fairly new person. I will give you permission to view mine and if you get the same response you will know it is more than just the one tree. Check your messages in a mo.

And now this won't submit so maybe unhappy website.

Will keep trying.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Jul 2012 22:53

Thank you Jill.
Have replied to your pm.

Gwyn

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 7 Jul 2012 22:55

You're more than welcome Gwyn. Access should be yours by now. J

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 7 Jul 2012 22:57

last week a member had the same problem and error message,

Server Error
401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials

cannot remember who or find the thread, but i did advise him to contact GR support

Roy

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 7 Jul 2012 22:58

Interesting. My inbox page just fried. I closed it down and got it back no problem. Wonder if GR itself is about to throw a wobbly?J

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 7 Jul 2012 22:59

Any luck accessing it Gwyn?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Jul 2012 23:01

Thank you Jill.... I could open your tree so went straight back to access the other tree, but got the same error message.

Odd that I can access some but not others.....

Thank you for your help.

Gwyn

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 7 Jul 2012 23:05

Always welcome Gwyn. I will remove the access now.J

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Jul 2012 23:09

Of course...Thank you Jill.
Sorry about the delay, but there was nothing in the In box at all, ...then suddenly it was there !

Gwyn

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 7 Jul 2012 23:34

Delay no problem Gwyn.

I was just eager to hear that it had worked for you. If I didn't have 100% trust in you there is no way I would have offered access. And the reason I said I would remove access was if you tried and got the same message you would know the reason and that it wasn't another glich. It was very strange that my inbox went wierd at the same time that you must have been waiting for my pm to arrive. :-S

Are you still in contact with the person whose tree you have been given permission to access? I assume they didn't give access and then somehow that access got reversed?

Out of ideas now. Sorry :-(

J

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Jul 2012 23:44

It's a new contact tonight in relation to information found on one of my old threads from last year, so new contact therefore new access.

Hopefully GR staff can sort this.

Gwyn