Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding BMD'S

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dippydebbie

Dippydebbie Report 3 Feb 2009 18:34

How comprehensive is Ancestry. I have found lots of people on 1891, 1901,1911 census also marriages but finding their deaths and/or births is driving me crazy. 99% sure of their birth places and age from census. help me please with any Ideas.

Sam

Sam Report 3 Feb 2009 18:36

Are you looking at the full indexes quarter by quarter and not just the free ones? Also bear in mind that many people born before 1875 went unregistered. Deaths could have happened in an area you weren't expecting, away from where the person usually lived.

If you give us the details of one of the people you can't find, maybe we can find them and then tell you how/where.

Sam x

Dippydebbie

Dippydebbie Report 3 Feb 2009 19:00

Hi Sam, thanks for super quick reply. here are two that have been driving me nuts. Both are my g/grandfathers.
George Minister Powles born 1872 I have him on 1981,91,01 and 11 census, lots of childrens births and baptisms 2 marriages but cannot find birth and death.
This one, Edward Connell born abt 1864/5 , have him on census 1891,01.11 and marriage but cant find death and looked on every index for him untill 1960 99% sure he passed away before 1957 when I was born. you are a star for helping, cheers and regards Debs

Hannah

Hannah Report 3 Feb 2009 19:11

Found this Freebmd Births
Powles
George Minister
Great Yarmouth
vol4b
page 2
Kind regards
Hannah

Dippydebbie

Dippydebbie Report 3 Feb 2009 19:19

Hannah you angel, thats great , how and where did you find it so I can learn how to look for more. DEBS X

Hannah

Hannah Report 3 Feb 2009 19:26

Just google freebmd and then you can use the search facility.It is very good.You can choose the registration district if you wish.
Kind regards and good luck
hannah x

Dippydebbie

Dippydebbie Report 3 Feb 2009 19:29

Be back soon, daughter and grandaughter ill, going round to help an fuss them as only us Mums can do , be about an hour, Debs