Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What does it mean ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 20 Oct 2008 17:18

I have tried on a few sites to look at my Mothers birth date as i am torn to weather to order her birth cert.I have just found her and it says it was a late entry,have any of you come accross this before?what does it mean(could it mean addopted)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Oct 2008 17:36

I suppose it could just mean that she was not registered within the time limit for registration

Christine

Christine Report 20 Oct 2008 17:46

Thankyou Ann

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 20 Oct 2008 18:03

Or in the case of one of my lot, the parents were not married at birth and she was registered under mothers name, married later and child re-registered under fathers name.

Christine

Christine Report 20 Oct 2008 18:08

Hi Keith..This is what i have been thinking.I have checked to see if she was registered under her mothers name..Its very awkward .Thankyou.

millyd

millyd Report 20 Oct 2008 18:51

when reregistration has occured, the original cert., is sealed and not for viewing.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 20 Oct 2008 19:04

Milly, I beg to differ, I have both certs for my female relative. Unless you mean after adoption, when I believe the original cert is not availablle.

Christine

Christine Report 20 Oct 2008 19:10

Keith please tell me how you go about getting both certs

Janice

Janice Report 20 Oct 2008 19:22

My friend has a late entry birth cert (as well as a first one) because his parents changed their mind about what to call him!

Christine

Christine Report 20 Oct 2008 19:33

Wow!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Oct 2008 19:47

Christine,

If you have the details for both birth registrations you can order the certificates from the GRO.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Rose

Christine

Christine Report 20 Oct 2008 20:01

Hello Rose..This is so baffaling,its hard because I havent told my mother any of this.Maybe she knows but she might not.I found out her Mum married after mum was born..Do i order mums cert or do i leave it?I am inquisitive about it all,but is it my buisness

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Oct 2008 20:23

Christine,

That's a tricky one that I can't really answer for you.

Does she know you're compiling a family tree? Perhaps you could ask her about her parents and see what she tells you.

Rose

Christine

Christine Report 20 Oct 2008 21:10

Hi Rose ,Yes she knows.about me doing my tree.thats why i dont think she can know...I have asked many questions but i would never let on i know.
I have tried typing her mothers name on so many sites under marriages to see what i can find,
Is there anyway i could find out if she had been married twice.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Oct 2008 22:26

Your mother's birth reference will have her maiden name listed too.

Rose

Peter

Peter Report 20 Oct 2008 22:34

Christine,

It a matter for you whether you pursue you mother's line, but if you do decide to do so you must get the certificates. Otherwise your tree will lack verification.

Peter

Christine

Christine Report 20 Oct 2008 22:35

Thankyou Rose,I have come this far i dont think i can stop now....I will try and order my mums cert tomorrow..Just keep it to my self.
It wll be the first one i have ordered ,So strange its my mums.
Thankyou for being so helpfull
Christine

Christine

Christine Report 20 Oct 2008 22:39

Thanks Peter,
Havent really gone into my mums line much,but i know what your saying...My tree means the world to me...I have done it for my Dad as he was so proud of his roots.Never known much about Mums

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Oct 2008 23:25

I PMed Christine to get the details.

It's worth mentioning that there's a handwritten note for her mother's birth which says see the Sept. quarter 19 years later!

I assume there should still be a birth registration for her the year she was actually born but it's not under her mother's maiden name.

Rose

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Oct 2008 00:07

Only just read this thread for the first time.

Is the record which has a handwritten note next to it in the mother's maiden name or the surname of the person her mother married at a later date? Surely this record is the original in the year she was born otherwise they wouldn't have had to add the note to it.

Kath. x