Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Look ups offered Parish records for St Mary Magdel

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 10 Sep 2008 22:38

Hi

I have purchased parish records for Saint Mary Magdelene church in Woolwich.

Marriages 1864-1964.
Baptisms 1905-88 and other miscellanous
Baptisms in Woolwich 1873-1959.
Baptisms 1857-1905
Registers 1670-1799.
Baptisms 1800-1857.
Marriages 1754-1864.
Buriels 1680- 1889.

If you would like me to look up anything, let me know, but a rough date would be good as there are pages and pages. lol.
Please be patient. :-0)

Tracie.

funnyface

funnyface Report 10 Sep 2008 23:43

hi one question please just where is woolwich at is it england.i hope you dont mind me asking
sue

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 11 Sep 2008 07:37

Hi Sue

Woolwich is in Kent, London. Hope that helps you.

Best wishes
Tracie.

The Lady Marion

The Lady Marion Report 11 Sep 2008 09:59

Hello Tracie,
You could very well be the girl of my dreams. As I live in Australia I can do no hands on searching myself . I have also paid out for a number of searches for my Whitehead Ancestors who came from Woolwich but to no avail. My friend mentioned about your post and I could not believe my good fortune. I do so much hope you can help Tracie. Some of my Whitehead Ancestors were Baptised,Married and so on at this church. My Great Great Grandfather William Whitehead who served in the Royal Artillery was married twice. The two ladies in question were cousins I believe. Their maiden names were Plant. First wife was Matilda Plant and wife number two was Amelia Plant. I understand from the Census they lived in Mulgrove Place. I,m not sure if you will find the first marriage to Matilda but its worth a try. Amelia died in Woolwich age 40 years in 1879.(Amelia Whitehead) Matilda,s death is recorded for Greenwich. Most of my Whitehead Ancestors are burried in the Old Woolwich Cemetery. I cant give you a year for the Marriage of Amelia to my Great Great Grandfather but it has to be between 1864-1879. I have lots more Whiteheads that I would like you to help me with please Tracie but if you could start on those above first it would be very much appreciated. I Just cant believe my luck hearing about you.

Kind Regards
Marion

Sheila

Sheila Report 11 Sep 2008 21:50

nudge

una

una Report 12 Sep 2008 04:13

Hi Tracie,

Please could you look for a marriage of John Crawford to Jane------,around 1817

Their children were all baptised at St.Mary Magdalen,(the first in 1818)but it only gives the mothers name as Jane ,no surname..

Many thanks,
Eunice

Dennis

Dennis Report 13 Sep 2008 20:28

Hi Tracie, still searching for baptism of Timothy Reed Brightman born 1836.His Grandparents married in this church so would be grateful for a lookup,
Thanks
Dennis

The Lady Marion

The Lady Marion Report 24 Sep 2008 02:09

Dear Tracie,
I would like to take time out and to thankyou for all your help regarding my Whitehead Ancestors. You are a credit to this site. If it was not for your help some of my Whitehead Ancestors would have been just names on my tree. With your help I was able to add marriage details,Baptisms and so on. The Genes Team should be proud to have you as one of its members.

Kind Regards And Many Thanks

Marion

Irene

Irene Report 24 Sep 2008 08:09

I do not know if you can help me please. I am looking for the baptism of Andrew Benjaman Wilkes about 1811 also the marriage of his parents Andrew Wilkes/Wilks and Christianna around the same date please.
Another child was baptised at Rotherhithe but cannot find any other family details there. Andrew snr was a mariner so may have moved about. Many thanks Irene

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 25 Sep 2008 18:13

Hi James

If you have any rough dates I can look for you, as there are so many pages to search through (a few thousand) it would help if you had any rough dates to start looking from.

Best wishes
Tracie.

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 30 Apr 2009 11:25

Hi Peter

Sorry, no luck, I did not find any Surnams of Cranham. I searched to 1905.

Good luck with your search.

Regards
Tracie.

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 30 Apr 2009 11:59

Hi Christine

The marriage entry states John Galler is from this parish. If you would like a copy of the entry let me know and send me your email addy and I will email it to you.

Best wishes
Tracie.

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 30 Apr 2009 14:41

Hi Helen

Sorry no joy I'm afraid. I have searched for 1813 - 1837 and there is no mention of a child with the surname Dallas.

Sorry once again.
Best wishes
Tracie.

Brit

Brit Report 1 May 2009 04:13

Hi Tracie I wonder if you can find anything on the family of Sarah Day born c.1816, baptized that year at St. MM. Or so I think. She later married William Merritt possibly in Stepney. I have her parents as Thomas Day and Sarah Unknown. She was born in Woowich according to the census'.

Thanks for any help. It is night here and I am going to bed but will check in the morning. Cheers.

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 1 May 2009 14:52

Hi Brit

I have been searching for your Sarah Day, but so far not found anything for her. There is a family of Days, with parents of James and Mary, I have found 2 baptisms for them, their address is Francis Street in 1819. Are they anything to do with you?

I have also got the records of St Nicholas also, not sure what years they cover but I will look later and see if the baptism is there.

Best wishes
Tracie.

Brit

Brit Report 1 May 2009 17:03

Thanks for looking Tracie. I don't know if those people would be related to her or not as I have very little info to go on. She was married to my great great (don't remember how many) grandfather and the little I found was from the IGI and the census. I would appreciate your looking at St. Nicholas too when you get time. M any thanks. Brit

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 1 May 2009 19:36

Hi Corrinne

The only baptisms I could find for Compton were
16/07/1819: Grace born on 18/10/1783. Daughter of Thomas & Grace Compton, living at Prospect Row at the time. Thomas is a Joiner.

Also:
04/06/1819: Helen Catherine born 01/02/1819. Daughter of Thomas & Mary Compton, living at Mulgrove Place at the time. Thomas is a Gentleman.

I was unable to find the death of William Compton or the marriage of William Bidgood and Rebecca?.

Best wishes
Tracie.

Mardi

Mardi Report 4 May 2009 11:40

Hi Tracie,

Thanks for the kind offer.

I have lots of my Mum's family who were baptised and married at St Mary Magdalene in Woolwich and amongst them there are several 'brickwalls' that you may be able to help smash down !
(I'll post one at a time though, it's less confusing that way)

My G G Grandmother Eleanor Parker died 09/04/1869 after giving birth to Edward Parker who was baptised 11/04/1869.

Little Edward just dissapeared after his baptism so I can only presume that he died too.

Could you look in the burials for both Eleanor and Edward for me please.

Many thanks,
Regards
Mardi.

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 4 May 2009 13:19

Hi Mardi

I have looked to see if there is a death registration for Edward Parker, but unfortunately the buriel records stop at 1855 and from then on there are snippits of buriels up to 1889.

If you would like a copy of the Baptism entry for Edward Parker, just let me know, with your email address and I will send it to you.

Sorry once again, maybe I might be more successful with your other queries.

Best wishes
Tracie.

Ann

Ann Report 4 May 2009 17:46

Hi Tracie
Just wondering is there any mention of Alfred Duffield who married Edna Tanner? Or possibly a James Duffield who married a lady called Lydia.
Thanks for any help.
Ann