Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henry Smith born abt 1837 at Surrey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 8 Sep 2021 10:39

Shirley kindly found the shipping details for my Henry Smith in 1857 England to Victoria.aged 20 years

What I would like to now find is his birth details, I know his father was a William Smith but I do not know who his mother was. There is a family on Ancestry William Smith born abt 1812 married a Mary Ann Prince with a son Henry born abt the same time but this is not my family

I have these details
At Pirie Street Chapel, Adelaide, South Australia
South Australian Register Adelaide, SA. Thu. 19 Mar 1863 Pg. 2. MARRIAGES. SMITH-WALKER.-On the 18th March, ... , by the Rev. Spencer Williams, Mr. Henry Smith, of Adelaide, to Charlotte, youngest daughter of Mr. William Walker, Parade, Norwood.

The South Australian Register Tues 18 Feb 1873
PRELIMIARY NOTICE
Household Furniture,Harmonium, and Effects
Horse ,Wagonette,Newport Pagnall
Two Pure Alderney Cows, in Milk
Parade,Norwood near the Old Colonist
James H Parr has Received Instructions from Henry Smith (Who is visiting England) to sell,at his Residence Parade Norwood as Above
Full Particulars to be Advised
Also Three Allotments of Land situate in Charles Street and Benson Street Norwood

To the Registrar, Court of Insolvency.-Take notice that, by deed
dated the fourteenth day of February, one thousand eight hundred
and eighty-seven, and made in pursuance of Part XI. of the Insolvent
Act, 1886, Henry Smith, of the Parade, Norwood, in the province of
South Australia, storekeeper, trading as H. Smith & Co., conveyed and
assigned all his real and personal estate to J ames Henry Fry, of Gilbertplace, Adelaide, in the said province, agent, the trustee, upon trust for

ยท384 THE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT GAZETTE. lFeb. 17,1887
To the Registrar, Court of Insolvency.-Take notice that, by deed
dated the fourteenth day of February, one thousand eight hundred
and eighty-seven, and made in pursuance of Part XI. of the Insolvent Act, 1886, Henry Smith, of the Parade, Norwood, in the province of South Australia, storekeeper, trading as H. Smith & Co., conveyed and assigned all his real and personal estate to J ames Henry Fry, of Gilbertplace, Adelaide, in the said province, agent, the trustee, upon trust for the benefit of the creditors of the said Henry Smith: And further take notice that such deed was duly executed as required by the said Act,and that the same lies for inspection and execution at the office of the undersigned, Commercial Chamber Gilbert-place, Adelaide. Dated this 14th day of February, l7. JAMES H. FRY, Trustee.Filed in the office of the Registrar of the Court of Insolvency this fifteenth day of February, 1887, at the hour of thirty minutes pastthree o'clock in the afternoon.
ROBERT BLUNT, Registrar

17 Feb 1887
THE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT GAZETTE. Pg. 333 - 334.
dated the 14 February, 1887 ... Henry Smith, of the Parade, Norwood, in the province of South Australia, storekeeper, trading as H. Smith & Co., conveyed and assigned all his real and personal estate to James Henry Fry, of Gilbert place, Adelaide ...

1895 Sands & McDougall Directory South Australia
North Adelaide, South Australia
Henry Smith, a Draper; Palmer Pl. - East Side. (Brougham Pl.)

9 Sep 1895
North Adelaide, South Australia 58yrs
South Australian Chronicle, Adelaide, SA. Sat. 14 Sep 1895. Pg. 4. SMITH.-On the 9th September, at his residence, Palmer-place, N.A., Henry Smith, late of Reigate, England, aged 58.

10 Sep 1895
North Road Anglican Cemetery, North Adelaide, South Australia
Plot ID: 3065/3066, Path 18. Henry Smith of Palmer Street. Burial No.: 2434. bu. 10 Sep 1895. Age: 58yrs.

Any help is gratefully received

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Sep 2021 11:44

You really should add this to your other thread, or people will waste time looking for info which has already been found

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1396385

Ellen

Ellen Report 8 Sep 2021 12:39

Thank you Erica, I have added them to my previous inquiry on Shipping details for Henry.